4 months ago
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment company with over 23 million customers across seven countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Broadcast Team
As a valued employee, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. What’s more, you’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. As if that’s not enough, our impressive Osterley campus boasts endless subsidised restaurants, on-site cinema, on-site gym, and much more to make your experience with us even more enjoyable.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Your key responsibilities:
As the team leader, you will play a part in bringing in new technologies into BAU Support and be responsible for ensure the continued high level of support required from our Customers.
- You will lead team of Outside Broadcast engineers who are responsible for incident management, root cause analysis and technical engagement with vendors and training of other Engineers within the team.
- You will help define specification, lead and maintain broadcast graphics and data OB systems to meet client requirements and service availability levels.
- Run BAU projects for broadcast graphics and data OB systems. This will include software upgrades and stability improvement work and installing and providing the technical assistance required to ensure reliable, robust broadcast systems on Sky outside broadcasts.
- Ensuring all production systems and services supported by the team achieve their agreed SLA for availability and recovery.
- Handle incidents, provide technical resolutions to prevent repetition of faults and improve system availability. Where necessary advance faults for resolution to third party providers.
- Dedicated maintenance and monitoring of graphics, data and broadcast systems to ensure correct operation.
- Build and evaluate technical and procedural documentation for the team and other interested parties.
- Provide timely and accurate reports of faults and resolutions and where necessary advance to internal teams and third-party vendors.
- Liaise with and provide input to system developers at various stages in the development cycle, to advice on operational aspects of future systems.
- A good academic track record, particularly in a technical discipline.
- Proven track record in delivering broadcast IT solutions. We are looking for keen individuals who have worked in a Digital Television Broadcast environment or in led IT services
- Have had experience in the transmission or transport of video and audio.
- At least 2 years’ experience within a digital television broadcast environment.
- Proven documentation ability Knowledge of Broadcast Graphic Systems
- Understanding of SDHDUHDMPEG-4 AVC H264, MPEG-5 HEVC Video Standards
- Understanding of Dolby E and Dolby Digital, Dolby ED-2 ac-4 Audio Standards and knowledge of networks TCPIPUDPRTP and VLAN configuration
- Encapsulation of Transport Streams into IP and VOIP Codecs
- Excellent communications and inter-personal and sound customer service & motivational skills
Ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results? today
We’re happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make us Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better