9 months ago
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment company with over 23 million customers across seven countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Graphics & Data Support Shift Team
As a valued employee, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. What’s more, you’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. As if that’s not enough, our impressive Osterley campus boasts endless subsidised restaurants, on-site cinema, on-site gym, and much more to make your experience with us even more enjoyable.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Your key responsibilities:
As the Technical Specialist you will provide solutions to improve current practices, lead technical assignments involving specialists from various disciplines within Broadcast IT, ensuring the expected high level of Support required from our Customers.
- To specialise, lead and support the Graphics & Data Shift team with elevated technical requirements, in terms of software deployment, systems' optimisation, automation scripts and overall monitoring.
- To fully understand and help provide blueprint for standard methodology in Active Directory grouping and memberships
- To develop tools and automation scripts for a number of routine software deployments to live broadcast environments
- Build and deliver training programs and user documentations for Graphics & Data Support Engineers shift team to pass new tools & solutions into BAU support.
- Installing and providing the technical assistance required to ensure reliable, robust in-house broadcast systems
- Ensuring all production systems and services supported by the team achieve their agreed SLA for availability and recovery.
- Lead incidents, provide technical resolutions to prevent repetition of faults and improve system availability. Where necessary raise faults for resolution to third party providers.
- Develop & maintain dedicated monitoring of graphics, data and broadcast systems to ensure correct operation.
- Educated to Degree level in Broadcast Engineering, Media Technology, Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 5 years’ experience within a digital television broadcast environment or similar technical environment.
- Experience of providing successful technical solutions through to BAU Operation
- Excellent communications and social skills
- Sound customer service & motivational skills
- Excellent PowerShell & VB scripting Skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Windows 710 Installation & Administration, Remote Administration, Active Directory Understanding, Knowledge of Windows Patch Management
- A solid grasp of Networking to debug network issues with good experience in hardware support
Ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results? today
We’re happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make us Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better