7 months ago
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment company with over 23 million customers across seven countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Graphics & Data Support Shift Team
As a valued employee, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. What’s more, you’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. As if that’s not enough, our impressive Osterley campus boasts endless subsidised restaurants, on-site cinema, on-site gym, and much more to make your experience with us even more enjoyable.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Your key responsibilities:
As an Engineer you will provide excellent 1st & 2nd Line Technical Support to our Customers, ensuring quick and confident response resulting in minimal downtime.
- Provide technical assistance when required to meet the task deadlines for ongoing planned activities and for unplanned 247 support requirements.
- Handle internal ticketing system and ensure that all open cases are being followed up and usersrequesters are kept up to date
- Ensure system documentations are up to date and relevant
- To ensure that tasks allocated are carried out to a high level in an appropriate time frame.
- To ensure that tasks are always coordinated properly for the hand over and hand back of live systems, to ensure that systems are fully operational before returning to live use.
- To ensure adequate follow up of incidents to prevent repetition of any faults and improve future system availability and team response.
- To ensure that all incidents are recorded into the Spark System in detail.
- Bring up to relevant department if required; provide feedback from the department on resolution of incidents.
- Supported Broadcast Graphics products in a broadcast environment.
- At least 2 years’ experience within a digital television broadcast environment or similar technical environment.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Sound customer service & motivational skills and excellent troubleshooting skills
- Windows 710 Installation & Administration, Remote Administration, Active Directory Understanding, Knowledge of Windows Patch Management
- PowerShell, Windows Server Administration & Maintenance
- A deep understanding of Networking to debug network issues
- Good experience in hardware support
- An understanding of Production workflows for producing live television broadcasts and roles within a production team.
Ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results? today
We’re happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make us Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better