Group Marketing Manager,
BMW - Mini Division
Contract Type: Permanent
Excellent earning potential
Market leading employee benefits
There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK's Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
The Group Marketing Manager is responsible for the development and delivery of our Lookers Division Marketing Strategy and Plan, as part of our Modern Retailing operations. This roles requires a creative, commercial and modern marketing professional to help deliver our strategy to become the leading automotive retailer in the UK.
Key responsibilities include:
· Research, design and implementation of a Group-wide marketing strategy and delivery plan.
· The implementation of marketing plans across three market areas whilst maintaining overall responsibility and leadership of a Marketing Executive to help to support and deliver the marketing strategy
· Regular consultation with the Franchise Director and each BMW Head of Business to understand priorities and objectives.
· Robust reporting and feedback on the effectiveness of marketing activity and customer communications.
· Contribution to the Group modern retailing activities, particularly focussed on customer attraction and engagement.
· Management of the Group Marketing Budget.
What we're looking for:
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate experience as a senior practitioner or leader in marketing and customer communications. Whilst experience within automotive retail is preferred, candidates who can demonstrate an understanding of the sector and an ability to apply other sector experience are welcome to apply. Additionally, whilst a professional marketing qualification is not essential, candidates must be able to demonstrate continuous professional development in marketing & communications and their understanding of a changing consumer marketplace.
Key skills include:
· Experience of leading a team
· Influencing and negotiation, ability to build effective professional relationships
· Personalised consumer marketing, brand & ATL communications
· Campaign building and multi-channel marketing
· Creative brand communications and campaigns
· Budgeting and financial management
· Contract negotiation and supplier relationships
· Effective communication skills, including written reports & presentations
· Planned, organised, adaptable and responsive
In recognition of the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people we have recently introduced a new and improved industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and high earning potential through commission or bonus.
As well as working with a great bunch of people you can also benefit from ongoing development with investment in specific brand and management training and the opportunity of a long term career path with one of the UK's Top Employers 2017 and 2018.
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received.