3 months ago
Growth Operations Lead
Based in: National (with ability to travel)
Working with: Government Services Growth team
Who we are
Capita plc is the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 74,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa, India and other centres globally. Our clients span the private and public sectors, including Financial Services, Central Government, Utilities, Technology, Local Government and Insurance. The majority of our business involves the delivery of complex business transformations, customer service delivery and large-scale ICT solutions. Interacting with some 35 million people across the UK on behalf of our clients, Capita concentrates on meeting each clients' specific objectives and challenges, utilising a wide range of in-house specialist resources and extensive capabilities, as well as working in partnership with a range of market leading third-parties.
The Government Services’ division provides a range of services to all parts of the public sector. It is responsible for managing multiple complex services to organisations such as Transport for London, NHS England, the Department for Work and Pensions and the Department for Education to name a few. It also provides repeatable, transactional services to local authorities and NHS Trusts. The divisional growth team is a team of exceptional people whose role it is to source, scope, design and – ultimately – win new sales. We work across all the entire division and with our clients to provide flexible, innovative solutions that excite them and that support their current and future challenges. Our work supports the growth of the division and Capita through the co-ordination and delivery of bids to secure new deals and by working with our clients to grow account revenue.
Purpose of role
The Growth Operations Lead is a new role within the Government Services’ division, following a successful interim period during 2019. As a senior member of the growth team, the Growth Operations Lead will take responsibility for a number of key aspects of the delivery of growth within the division, including;
* acting as the leader within the team for sales methodologies, including the use of the divisional CRM system,
* effective resource management to ensure opportunities are prioritised and resources deployed,
* recruitment and performance management within the team, and
* growth reporting and management information.
The role involves working with business managers both within the Government Services division and across Capita to significantly improve the effectiveness of the growth function within the division. This includes substantial engagement with the Capita group growth transformation programme and the consultants engaged to support that, to ensure that Government Services’ requirements are addressed by the transformation programme and that any change is well managed and implemented effectively. The role therefore requires significant collaboration and the ability to establish effective working relationships across large and complex teams.
Further, the role is critical to sales planning within the Government Services’ division, which therefore is also significant for the wider group planning activity, and therefore the role requires a leadership presence and an ability to think strategically to support business planning, and translate that into tactical interventions to ensure that the growth team continues to play a leading role within the division and for the group.
* Working with the divisional growth director and strategy director to identify resource requirements, deploy resources effectively and develop existing resources or recruit as necessary
* Understanding and implementing agreed sales methodologies to ensure the growth team is effective and efficient, and addresses the group requirements
* Continuously improving the performance culture across the growth function in the division, through effective performance management, incentivisation and target setting
* Acting as sales technology lead within the division, to ensure systems are fully exploited and developed to meet emerging requirements within the team
* Development and provision of management information, to meet the group reporting requirements and to support effective decision making within the division
* Monitoring performance against key metrics and performance indicators, including sales targets and budget
Skills and experience
You should have demonstrable experience of:
* Leading performance management and change within a team
* Effective resource allocation and deployment
* Implementing a resourcing strategy, including succession planning, skills gap analysis and recruitment and training plans
* Working with sales methodologies to drive performance and improve sales effectiveness
* Translating broad strategic initiatives into specific interventions to ensure the successful realisation of business objectives
* Working in a senior leadership environment, and engaging effectively across multiple stakeholder communities to achieve your team objectives
* Working with industry standard sales technology to drive sales performance
* Playing a leading role multiple strategic projects and meeting agreed deliverables on time and to budget
* Managing a team to deliver objectives within assigned resources, including budget
* Maintaining and enhancing management understanding of sales effectiveness through powerful management information and reporting, and continuously improving the quality of information
The core skills required for the role include:
* Collaboration – the ability to work with others, particularly operational and commercial staff, and those that can support the development and delivery of new ideas
* Communication – the ability to effectively articulate ideas, problems and solutions in writing and through presentations, to both team members and internal stakeholders
* Commercial – the ability to understand and respond to financial and commercial drivers, and create compelling business cases
* Leadership – the ability to support and develop the team, inspire and motivate and continuously improve the productivity of the team
* Organisation – the ability to oversee the performance and effectiveness of the team as a whole and the individual team members, and to contribute effectively to a range of initiatives and projects to support the team
Academic and professional qualifications
None mandatory. A project or change management qualification would be advantageous.
Capita’s values are at the heart of our business. We believe that our colleagues should be Open, Ingenious, Collaborative and Effective; honest, straight-talking people who are highly intelligent and creative, who work brilliantly as part of a team or leading a team, and who never accept mediocrity. We’re looking for people that personify Capita’s values, who get involved in different things, deliver what they promise, take responsibility, embrace diversity, and respect their colleagues. And, most importantly, have fun!