5 months ago
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefnica S.A. With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world`s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are much more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
About the Team:
O2 Business is an incredibly exciting place to work right now. We are going through a huge transformation period as we build on our mobile heritage and become a trusted advisor in the total comms space, offering our customers broader digital and ICT solutions.
Business Marketing sits in the Marcomms division of the O2 Marketing team which means we have access to incredible brand and hospitality assets. We have a pivotal role to play in repositioning the brand for our business customers and driving a shift in perception and significant pipeline growth, changing the future of our organisation.
The Head of Account and Vertical Marketing Manager will be responsible for the planning and execution of vital components within the Business Marketing plan. The role holder needs to be able to think strategically and have commercial insight and awareness. They need to be able to work and influence internally at a senior leadership team level and guide and shape the thinking and approach of client directors. They also need to have the gravitas and skills to be able to influence and engage at a senior management level within our customers.
Account Based Marketing (ABM) is a key game changer within business marketing, providing a vital strategy to create sustainable growth and profitability within our most important accounts and sectors, executed through a tailored and structured programme of activity. The individual will be responsible for the strategy, creation and execution of overall ABM programme, segmentation and targeting number of identified accounts, in order to deliver against relationships, revenue and reputation targets. The role will focus on individual accounts and their needs while working collaboratively with the senior sales and product specialists towards achieving the customers’ business goals. This will require a strong commercial acumen and customer knowledge.
Vertical Marketing – this role will also be responsible for our overall vertical segmentation and execution in the Enterprise market space. Identifying target segments and through team deliver against those plans and targets. Being a subject matter expert on the verticalisation aswell as leading sales in the insight and appropriate targeting.
Customer Advocacy: Our customer advocacy programme is pivotal in building trust and credibility within the O2 brand for our Business customers and prospects. The successful candidate will need to drive compelling content and lead engagement with senior stakeholders.
The role requires working closely with senior stakeholders, both internally and externally to understand the needs and priorities within key accounts across our priority sectors. Influencing their approach and decisions. They will develop compelling content and customer focused campaigns which demonstrate how our products and services can address specific customer challenges, resulting in the creation of a marketing programme which delivers a step change in product penetration and pipeline, while supporting account growth and customer retention.
• Responsible for leading the Account and Vertical marketing team
• Responsible for leading the planning and delivery of the ABM strategy and plans.
• Champion the Account Based Marketing (ABM) programme both internally and externally. This is one of our games changers for the business so this person will need to trail blaze new programme and Elevate and embed the importance of ABM and drive continual improvements to help realise efficiencies and maximise the results and value generated.
• Work in partnership with the business to continually define the criteria and identify the optimum accounts and subsectors, securing stakeholder engagement and understanding throughout.
• Maximise the account planning process to fully understand each account, leading workshops with key stakeholders to determine the objectives and positioning.
• Manage the end to end process of accounts and subsectors included within the programme from introduction to analysis and generating customer advocacy.
• Leading the Business customer advocacy programme, the vehicle through which we capture and communicate customer advocacy. Delivering a step change in the quality and quantity of advocacy content (from customer quotes to video case studies and speaker platforms at events), improving our credibility and ability to win in competitive bids.
• Create and drive the launch of the advocate programme, transforming the focus from generating case studies to building genuine advocates in O2.
• Ensure alignment with the Influencer and Stakeholder Engagement activity to build an elevated and tailored programme for key contacts and accounts.
Skills & experience:
• Marketing experience essential (minimum 7 years) and ideally specific ABM experience
• Experience of working in B2B markets (minimum 3 years)
• Experience in c-suite engagement and working with senior stakeholders
• Proven track record of the creation and delivery of large scale marketing programmes
• Experience of working in a fast paced environment with constant demanding timescales and able to adapt to rapid priority shifts aimed at sustaining competitive advantage.
• Ability to leverage agency partners and suppliers to achieve business results.
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits that could include a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica’s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you’ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There’s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.