3 months ago
Head of Advertising- 12 Month Maternity cover
Hammersmith -Griffin House Hammersmith Road -C1770
Head of Advertising - 12 Month Maternity cover
Salary – Competitive + Car allowance + Bonus
Location – Hammersmith, London W68BS
We are RECRUIT-ING.
Now is a great time to Join Virgin Media. We currently have a great opportunity to join our Marketing & Brand team as the Head of Advertising on a 12 month Maternity cover in our Hammersmith office where you can achieve ANYTH-ING
You will lead the strategy, implementation and evaluation of Virgin Media’s brand communication campaigns. You will Ensure communication achieves outstanding creative execution, efficiently supporting key commercial targets of driving long term brand equity and brand positioning, marketing demand and short terms sales, net subscriber growth and increased ARP. You will be a key contributor to Virgin Media’s aim of becoming the most irresistible brand in connected entertainment – UNLIMIT-ING
* Lead the development of VM’s brand communications campaigns that will profitably drive long and short term business results.
* Effectively plan and deliver brand communications campaigns on time and to budget; accountable for innovative brand campaign communications through all channels: e.g. TV, VOD, cinema, OOH, press, radio, and digital/online.
* Ensure relevant brand equity targets and campaign metrics are in place to measure and monitor campaign performance, optimal ROI and associated brand health
* Lead the development of bold, brilliant, effective and efficient creative work that will drive brand equity, unlock the power of the Virgin master brand and deliver communications that make our people proud.
* Manage key agency relationships at an operational and campaign strategic level across creative and media, to ensure effective cooperation and optimum performance. This will include identifying suitable partners on occasion, managing to agreed scope, management in line with agency contract and contributing to agency performance reviews.
* Work alongside the Digital Entertainment division to leverage key ‘supplier’ relationships to extract optimum value for campaigns.
* Work closely with key stakeholders within Marketing, across the business and key partners, to ensure all brand communication campaign opportunities are capitalized upon.
* Lead and inspire the advertising team ensuring it is appropriately structured and resourced and that team are fully engaged.
* Drive the capability development of the team ensuring they are equipped to be effective in their roles, are supported and have the relevant knowledge, skills and expertise to deliver team and individual objectives.
* Build effective relationships particularly across the Brand Communications team, customer insight/analytics, product, propositions and strategy, LG key reps and the corporate affairs teams.
* Plan and jointly commission any research required to aid in campaign development and evaluation.
* Build passion for the brand across the business.
* Establish commitment and adoption of our brand communications strategy across key stakeholders and operations, especially front line teams, to ensure internal engagement and application of our campaigns
* Interface with Virgin Management group, contributing to marketing strategy development, sharing best practice and bringing learnings back into Virgin Media
Required Critical Behaviours
* Inspirational leader and team builder – internal and agency partners
* Pro-active, works collaboratively and is influential at all levels.
* Effective communicator and credibility with senior leaders through both data / insight led propositions, as well through instinct rooted in skills and experience
* Challenges the norm and prepared to be bold
* Resilient, resourceful and manages personal energy
* Self-aware, self-assured, authentic and humble
* Ability to lead for the long term whilst delivering the short term.
Required Key Skills
* Track record of creating outstanding effective campaigns that deliver commercial results
* Proven creative flair with commercial edge.
* Digitally savvy.
* Empathy with the Virgin brand.
* Highly commercial; able to justify investment based on short-term and long term ROI
* Inspires innovative thinking in teams and communication/media.
* Leading understanding of media planning and buying
* Well organised, with strong process management across stakeholders and good attention to detail
* Strong relationship builder, with the ability to adapt approach as and when required
* Developed negotiation skills
Required Qualifications/ Experience
* Extensive experience in Marketing/Communications in client side brand communications team.
* Have experience of leading brand communications campaigns & team within a complex commercial environment.
* Managed communications budgets of scale.
* Track record of developing outstanding creative work – effectiveness and creativity.
* Educated to degree level – desirable, not essential
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!
Send to a friend