8 months ago
The Amazon Digital, Apps, Games, and Services (DAGS) team is responsible for providing the best mobile app and game selection for Amazon’s Appstore for Android as well as Fire Tablet and Fire TV customers. The team also builds cross-platform tools and services, such as GameOn, to help developers monetize their products. We are looking for an experienced consumer marketing leader to drive the growth of our business in the UK. You will lead a team of high performing marketing managers and be responsible for customer acquisition through a variety of channels (owned and paid), retention, re-engagement, and monetization. You will also be responsible for developer outreach to drive engagement and encourage adoption of new product features by our developer community.
The ideal candidate is customer obsessed, thinks big, has strong bias for action, and delivers results. They are metrics-driven with a track record of developing highly creative marketing campaigns. S/he will have demonstrated the ability to think big and implement innovative ideas in ways that create awareness and drives conversion. S/he needs to prioritize effectively in a fast-moving environment and communicate clearly and persuasively. This person is able to identify and communicate a clear vision to a diverse group of stakeholders and drive ideas to completion. They will be experienced in hiring and developing the best. The role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities, outstanding business acumen, and exceptional written and oral communication skills.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Business performance: Deliver ambitious revenue targets through the marketing and sales of apps, games, and entertainment content.
· Strategic planning: Manage the annual marketing planning process to achieve growth targets. Communicate quarterly marketing plans and forecasts to senior leadership.
· Hire and Develop the Best: Hire, manage and develop a team of high performing marketing managers.
· Customer acquisition: Drive customer acquisition via digital marketing channels, including search, display, social, influencer activations, in-person and online events and external partner marketing collaborations. Closely audit program and campaign performance. Work with the devices marketing organization on mass media advertising campaigns and PR initiatives.
· Customer engagement: Retain customers via lifecycle management and loyalty programs. Monitor and manage user churn.
· Device and program launches: Support the launch of new devices/technologies. Partner with PR and mass advertising teams. Collaborate with global Product teams to recommend features that will support local growth initiatives.
· Consumer research: Lead research, including qualitative and quantitative methods, to inform strategy. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record leading successful consumer and developer marketing programs. This is a highly visible role. You will have experience in working at a senior level both internally and with external partners. You will be comfortable operating in a fast changing environment solving complex business problems. You will have the capacity to move fast and an unrelenting tenacity to get things done. You will be experienced at influencing senior leaders and capable of breaking down and solving complex problems. You will be a strong people leader, with experience coaching and developing diverse teams.
· Master’s degree preferred in marketing. Bachelor’s degree with significant experience will also be considered. · 10-15+ years in B2C or B2B2C environments.
· 7+ years of team management experience.
· Strong organizational planning and development, business judgment, and communication skills.
· Successful program execution in matrixed environments with many stakeholders and dependencies.
· Demonstrated ability to drive a frugal and pragmatic marketing team culture with a strong bias for action.
· A creative and analytical mind that thrives in a data-driven environment.
· Proven track record of creating and executing successful marketing plans that are creative, hypothesis driven and highly analytical.
· Desire to work in a fast-paced, highly ambiguous entrepreneurial culture.
· Strong drive for results and ability to take calculate risks.
· Experience in a broad range of marketing disciplines including managing mass media, PR, social media, SEO, affiliate marketing, etc.
· Demonstrated leadership and expertise in consumer acquisition, engagement and retention.
· Conversant in data modeling.
· Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment.
· Must be an independent self-starter with a sense of urgency and a strong desire to be part of building something new.
Are you interested? We look forward to receiving your application.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.