4 months ago
Based at our Wimbledon headquarters, as the Head of Brand & Strategy you will be the strategic Brand Guardian across the business, ensuring synergy across all communication touch points in line with our Brand House priorities and leading Lidl closer to the vision of ‘Devoted to Making Lidl the customers favourite shop’. The team provides the department including the campaign team a yearly road map to achieve the companies commitments. This is a role with varying responsibilities requiring a dynamic and flexible individual.
What will you do?
What will you do?
* Encouraging the professional and personal further development of the employees
* Agreement of objectives and delegation of tasks to employees
* You will be responsible for a team of 14
Activities in Purchasing Marketing
* To act as a Strategic Guardian by leading communication plans based on the long-term brand vision for the business
* To act as a Brand Guardian by overseeing brand guidelines (tone of voice and creative templates) across all communication touch-points based on the Brand House for the business
* To identify and resolve when communications are off brand by taking the necessary procedures to bring this back in line with our brand guidelines
* To activate the strategic and tactical pillars of the Brand House, with the support of the strategy & brand development team, across all communication touch points, working closely with the campaign management, advertising production and media teams within the marketing department
* To communicate our Brand House to the organisation by clearly presenting our core values, brand vision, strategic pillars, roadmap and KPIs in the most relevant way to each area of the business
* To collaborate with other departments within the organisation, where relevant, integrating strategic approaches to help us achieve our brand vision and business objectives
* To create business briefs across all Tier 1 projects and create or review all business briefs for Tier 2 projects before being given to the campaign team to deliver
* To manage end to end the Strategy for Scotland, Local marketing before being given to the campaign team to deliver
* To identify any threats or opportunities that can or will occur in the market for Lidl
* To review creative output of all Tier 1 and Tier 2 projects to ensure these meet communications objectives and are consistently on brand through Qual, Quant & the brand radar
Market monitoring and analyses
* Managing this team and ensuring are agreed KPI’s are being monitored and reviewed
* Strategic analysis of competitors in the market
* Monitoring and adherence to the marketing budget
* Observing current marketing trends in the market and possibly developing these in the company
* Managing this team to ensure our chosen strategic partners help us to achieve our brand House and target our core audience ‚ Young Families
* The partners deliver clear strategic KPI’S for our business & reflect our brand’s core values‚ offering‚ ‘more joy‘ to our customers and the partnership can actively amplified across our estate and communities
* Strategic control and operational involvement in carrying out Agencies’ tasks‚ Brand, activation and Research
What will you need?
What will you need?
* Previous experience in retail is essential (either food or non-food)
* Agency experience is a must
* Previous line management experience is essential
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
* The ability to work well with others whilst forming and articulating your own views and opinions
* Excellent communicator who is able to communicate confidently with people across all levels of the business
* An innovative, adaptable self-starter who works well independently
* Highly organised with an unwavering eye for detail
* The ability to multi-task and handle conflicting deadlines
* A full UK driving license is preferred
* Degree-level education in any discipline
* Fluency in English is essential and German is beneficial
What do we offer?
What do we offer?
* Competitive salary (subject to experience)
* 10% London Weighting benefit (non contractual) for employees working within the M25
* 35 days holiday pro rata per annum (including Bank Holidays)
* Company car or car allowance
* A contributory pension scheme
* Private medical insurance
* 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
* Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
* Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
* Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility
Please note applications close Friday 30th November.
Please ensure you attach your CV and covering letter.
23.11.2018 | Area Manager | Warehouse Belvedere
» Area Manager - South London and surrounding Counties
05.12.2018 | Quality Assurance (Head Office) | Head Office Wimbledon, London
» Quality Assurance Manager - Full-Time - Wimbledon
04.12.2018 | Area Manager | Warehouse Avonmouth
» Area Manager - M4/M5 Corridor
05.12.2018 | Procurement (Head Office) | Head Office Wimbledon, London
» Senior Procurement Manager - Warehouse - Full Time - Wimbledon
05.12.2018 | Marketing (Head Office) | Head Office Wimbledon, London
» E-Commerce Project Manager - 6 Months FTC - Wimbledon
» Show all similar jobs