6 months ago
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
About the Team:
The central Strategy team plays a critical role identifying and developing new ways to create value for Telefónica UK by defining and ensuring execution of winning strategies, and the associated business capabilities, across each aspect of the business. The team is focused on longer term direction setting and working on high value, cross-functional strategic issues on behalf of the business
Reporting to the Director of Strategy, this is a pivotal role to identify, qualify, quantify and prioritise new external growth opportunities for Telefonica UK in new and adjacent markets.
The role involves :
(i) Working with TUK, Telefonica Group and a broader analyst community to identify key trends and target opportunities
(ii) Engaging prospective target organisations to qualify business development opportunities, including partnerships, joint ventures or acquisitions
(iii) Developing business cases for these opportunities, quantifying potential benefits and risks, and managing the Group approval processes
(iv) Working closely with New Product development and Commercial teams to move approved opportunities into an agreement and execution phase
* Scanning for new and adjacent market external opportunities leveraging internal and external insights and expertise. Synthesizing key trends in customer behaviour, technology, regulatory and competitive landscapes to identify disruptive opportunities for TUK. Building and maintaining a prioritised roadmap of prospective opportunities and partners
* Proactively and reactively engaging candidate partners to understand potential opportunities to work with TUK, and qualify these options from a perspective of strategic and cultural fit, potential size of opportunity, business model, and balance of risks.
* Develop qualified relationship to an outline agreement level sufficient to quantify benefits and risks
* Build internal support for qualified partnership opportunities, engaging senior stakeholders, developing businesses cases and obtaining approval
* Support Commercial, New Product and Legal teams to reach agreement with partners and move into delivery and execution
Skills & experience:
* Essential skills, attributes and experience:
* Strong track record of successful business development and strategic partnering in a large organisation in one or more relevant sectors to include digital technology, media, retail, transport and communications, to a scale in excess of £50m
* Thorough understanding of key customer, technology and relevant regulatory trends
* Demonstrable experience of engaging and negotiating partnership and joint venture agreements
* Influential & credible communicator: able to effectively convey complex and disruptive opportunities to diverse audiences, and build enthusiasm and commitment
* Strong commercial and strategic acumen, able to create innovative business models balancing benefit and risks, and producing compelling and robust business cases
* High impact, self-motivated individual, innovative, creative, decision maker and solution-driven, able to manage and deliver multiple assignments in parallel
Desirable skills, attributes and experience:
* Knowledge and experience of the broader TMT space
* Masters or other relevant Professional Qualification or Accreditation
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits that could include a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica’s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you’ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There’s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.