22 days ago
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefónica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefónica S.A.
With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are much more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent.
Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
About the team
As a customer-led business, the Marketing team in O2 UK is responsible for developing customer strategy, products and propositions, driving commercial plans and delivering the P&L, as well as all brand/marcoms and sponsorship activities and CSR. All supported by data analytics and customer insight.
The Customer Marketing team is central to this, with responsibility for proposition development, pricing, promotions, acquisition, retention, and in-life activities, to deliver the Consumer PayMonthly, Prepay and SMB P&Ls
About the role
Reporting to the Customer Marketing Director for Consumer and SMB, this role is accountable for leading the Consumer PayMonthly P&L, worth c.£4bn in revenues and >£1bn in controllable contribution. As such, this is one of the biggest roles within O2’s wider leadership team.
This role is directly accountable for developing and executing Consumer PayMonthly marketing acquisition plans – identifying opportunities to win high value Consumer Paymonthly handset and SIMO customers, and developing pricing and promotional plans to achieve this. In addition, this role has accountability for driving our marketing plans for our accessories (connected and non-connected), mobile broadband and insurance categories.
As overall Consumer PayMonthly P&L owner, this role is also accountable for ensuring that all activities across other relevant teams across the business are aligned behind the priorities required to underpin delivery of the Consumer PayMonthly P&L end-to-end, including retention, in-life cross-sell/up-sell, channel execution and brand/marcoms priorities and plans.
Directly leading a team of c.25 people, but with a sphere of influence that far exceeds this, matrixed across the organisation, this role is accountable for delivering the end-to-end P&L, including:
- Consumer PayMonthly Revenue
- Consumer PayMonthly ARPU
- Consumer PayMonthly Controllable contribution
- Consumer PayMonthly Net base growth
Specifically this team will develop and drive execution of our PayMonthly acquisition plans, working closely with all other relevant teams across the business, and is currently structured to include:
- PayMonthly Acquisition
- MBB, accessories and insurance
- Performance evaluation
* Inspirational leadership – the candidate will be able to inspire and influence their own team and a much wider matrixed team across the organisation. Bringing them together to deliver world class marketing plans
* Marketing expertise – the candidate will be an experienced marketer with proven track record of defining and delivering outstanding customer and insight-led marketing strategy and plans that deliver commercial results
* Commercial capability – the candidate will be highly commercial with a strong track record driving trading and delivering P&L outcomes at scale, working in a highly competitive and fast-paced environment
* Pricing and performance – the candidate will be able to develop clear strategies to drive/optimise performance and pricing to deliver in-year P&L outcomes and maximise customer lifetime value
* Team and marketing capability development – the candidate will have a passion for leading and developing people and teams
Closing Date: Tuesday 18th June
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits that could include a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica`s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you`ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There`s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.