5 months ago
Head of Content and SEO
Consumer Digital, St Paul's, London
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
You’ll be accountable for the delivery and implementation of the Consumer Content Strategy, impacting all customers and advisors. You’ll also be responsible for all content changes across the Consumer digital estate. You will be taking the business on the required journey to make a step change in becoming best in class in the content design space.
What you'll be doing
* You will be accountable for being the confident, objective voice of our users. Relentlessly chasing needs based innovation and produce world class quality experiences.
* Content Strategy - You will define and implement the content strategy for Consumer impacting all customer and advisor facing systems
* Content execution & delivery - You will be responsible for the delivery of every content change that goes live across all digital products. You will be accountable for the tools and methodologies to deliver world-class content design.
* Continuous improvement - You will drive how content design engages with user research & data analysis to ensure our approach is evidence
based, user centred and drives our experience decisions.
* Content quality - You will be accountable for the cross-channel consistency of messages and ensuring content quality over publishing quantity. Ensuring the team are distilling facts from subject matter experts and using specialist writing/content design skills to present the facts in the most digestible, usable format.
* Governance - You will be responsible for legal, regulatory governance and compliance of all copy & content
* Human driven approach - You will ensure all Copy and Content supports and aligns with the Digital and Consumer strategy and objectives. Responsible for the application of the BT/EE tone of voice across all digital activities.
* SEO - You will manage a team of SEO professionals and defining the SEO strategy for Consumer Digital to meet user and commercial goals.
* Production - You will be accountable for the copywriting, editorial, video production and CMS management, including building and uploading of
content in a robust, secure and stable manner.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
A spectrum of technical expertise across the following skills (with a specialism in some areas):
* Content Creation & Curation - interviewing experts, commissioning, sourcing, editing across formats including copywriting, visual assets and video content
* Content Marketing, Hierarchy & Journey Planning - Supporting marketing messaging, planning multi-touchpoint seamless journeys
with needs & data at their heart
* Personalisation & Engagement Optimisation - Driving dynamic personalisation so that content is continually tailored to each individual customer in an efficient & iteratively improving manner.
* Content Editing & Publishing - timely production, content life cycle planning including maintenance, governance, reduction and removal.
* User Research & Testing - discovering content issues and needs regular qualitative learning
* Data Analysis, MVT & A/B Testing - analysing behaviours and appetites using regular quantitative learning
* CMS management & Optimisation - Play an active role in improvements to the components in use on the channels and the CMS.
The following qualities:
* Exceptional collaboration and communication skills with an intrinsic ability to turn complexity into simplicity.
* Lean approach to action; continually finding ways to deliver more value to the customer and the business with less effort.
* Strategic thinking and planning; driving efficient ways of working, looking to make a best in class content team & operating model.
* Entrepreneurial and flexible approach to activities; adapting behaviours and proactively removing barriers to delivering results.
Why choose us?
Unprecedented scale and opportunity
Consumer is the largest telco in the industry. With over 20k employees and 34 million customers, we generate over £10bn in revenue. This offers enormous opportunities for our people and to be No. 1 in the market. Our Consumer Unit exists as three household brands - BT, EE & Plusnet from which collectively we
generate more revenue than any other part of BT. Our brilliant brands are all beautiful individually. Each has unique attributes that cater to very different segments of the market. This makes our goal possible; to create a connection in every home in the UK by 2025.
There’s never been a more exciting time to join the Consumer Digital Team. We’re investing hundreds of millions of pounds into digital and transforming the way we work to create, not just the best digital experience in the telco market, but something that customers talk about as the best in the UK.
We believe in empowering our digital superheroes to work autonomously as teams, and to rapidly learn and develop the best routes and techniques to creating customer value. We’re founded on the core idea that we
continuously ‘build, measure, and learn’ which allows us to deliver on our purpose: to drive digital thinking and expertise so that together we can create the best experiences that enhance our customers’ lives.
We’ve got something really special here, something we’re all incredibly proud to be part of. Every day we have the chance to positively impact the lives of the millions of customers that engage with us. To bring them close to the things that matter most to them. This is your chance to join us on our ground breaking journey.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.