7 months ago
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Are you a Head of Creative looking for your next role with an award-winning global retail business? Then we’d love to hear from you!
When applying for this role; please ensure you submit a copy of your portfolio as well as your CV.
WHY WORK FOR THE BODY SHOP?
When Anita Roddick founded The Body Shop in 1976, she had a vision. Business as a force for good – that’s us. Over 40 years later, we’re proud to be pioneering cruelty-free beauty every step of the way. We’re the original ethical beauty brand. We’ve got a thing for empowering people and enriching our planet. We’re all about keeping it real, in every way possible.
Our activist roots remain a huge part of everything we do, from our iconic window posters to our vegetarian products to our infamous campaigns. We’re never afraid to stand up and speak the truth. We like to do things a little differently around here.
In fact, this is an incredibly exciting time for The Body Shop. We’re fighting for what we believe in now more than ever. No holding back. Breaking the mould has always come naturally to us, and we need someone who’s not afraid to mix things up.
WHO ARE NATURA &CO?
The Body Shop, along with Aesop and Natura, is part of Natura &Co, a global, multi-channel and multi-brand cosmetics group that is committed to generating positive economic, social and environmental impact. Group owner Natura is Brazil's number one cosmetics manufacturer. Sustainable development has been the company's guiding principle since it was founded in 1969.
THE ROLE IN A NUTSHELL
We are looking for a fearless and motivational creative leader to drive and bring to life The Body Shop’s global brand purpose. This strong and passionate individual will lead and influence a multidisiplined omnichannel team creating world-class campaigns from concept through to execution. A dynamic leader and inspiring creative who will bring to life the brand’s identity and purpose through disruptive, consumer first engaging and best-in-class campaigns and experiences.
You will be a “Big Picture” thinker whilst being in the detail, bring social, cultural and visual nuance and able to be a strong and powerful thought leader. You will be channel agnostic in your approach and have have created and executed global campaigns and experiences.
You will thrive on new challenges, willing to think and work in new ways and able to communicate positively, debate with peers and influence various stakeholders. You manage a team by balancing both clear expectations with space for individuals to bring the very best of themselves.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE
* Lead and develop a deep understanding of the Brand Purpose and business strategies to deliver high quality omnichannel creative campaigns and experiences through a ‘consumer first’ lens; promoting products whilst building the brand through compelling 360 stories
* Bring the global brand strategy, purpose and positioning to life and effectively communicate this in a coherent, disruptive and distinctive visual language across all touch points; from products, packaging to the instore, online and digital experiences
* Develop, create and implement a rich global brand identity that is unique and sets us apart in the retail space. You will lead, influence and drive this across the whole business and educate to the wider global functions and markets
* Lead, manage and inspire a team of seasoned multi functional creatives to execute the brands purpose creating inspiring and unique storytelling across all of the brands omni channels and touch points. Create and develop rich global content that is inspiring, holistic and customer first in approach
* Strong Partnership with the Head of Copy, Head of Creative Services, Head of Store Design & VM and multi functional teams, partnering to create Best in Class Campaigns and brand experiences
* Partner with the core Digital teams to ensure creative consistency across all digital output including social, digital display and websites, understanding their product and customer focuses and guiding where local market nuances arise
* Lead and drive Packaging design in line with brand purpose; pioneering new ideas and innovation with a sustainable first approach
* Lead and champion global consistency across all global touch points ensuring that language is clear, compelling and that sets us aside across the globe
* A Strong, confident communicator, influencer and collaborative partner who is able to build and drive strong relationships with cross-functional business stakeholders. Establish strong working relationships between the customer and brand teams supporting to deliver the brands language both internally and externally
* Partner with external agencies to establish consistent, descriptive and striking identity and creative campaigns, internal lead for your area and brand custodian across all outputs
* Proven experience working in a Head of Creative / Creative Director role; working cross functionally within a fast-paced environment and delivering strong levels of success through design led propositions that match corporate objectives
* Strong commercial and consumer-focused driven approach to marketing/events and experience in measuring the success of retail marketing campaigns
* Experienced in leading, nurturing and developing creative team members
* Passionate about creativity and copy across multiple touchpoints
* Evidence of delivering strong global campaigns and assets
* Deep understanding of brand identity and specifically image and film content, tone-of-voice, graphic design, digital and packaging design
* Experience working cross-culturally and in a global environment
* Strong communicator, influencer and able to priortise multiple projects
* Flexible outlook with a solution-orientated approach
* Excellent interpersonal skills – can communicate concisely and confidently at all levels
Our global HQ is located in the heart of East Croydon – 1 minute walk from the train station and is just 10 minutes train ride from Clapham Junction and 16 minutes from London Victoria. Our brand new office opened just over one year ago and provides a light, modern and open-plan work space that includes an onsite global café and even a living wall in the reception area.
Want to join the Body Shop team? Then please apply today – as well as a competitive salary, here are just a few of the rewards and benefits you can look forward to when you join us: a 5% non-contributory pension plan, 23 days holiday, 3 days a year to volunteer in the local community, 50% staff discount and access to product sample sales, access to Perks At Work our online shopping channel with exclusive deals & discounts, as well as LOVE money to spend on your wellbeing and personal development. We have also implemented ‘Work Wise’ into our HQ - flexibility of ‘in-office’ hours, the ability to work remotely and a new meeting charter. Here at The Body Shop we’ve got your best interests at heart – it’s our way of saying thank you!