7 months ago
Head of Customer Success, Website and Newsletters
The Economist Group logo
The Economist is a leading source of analysis on international business and world affairs. We deliver our information through a range of formats, from newspapers and magazines to conferences and electronic services. What ties us together is the objectivity of our opinion, the originality of our insight and our advocacy of economic and political freedom around the world.
Our digital products (our websites, apps, newsletters and audio editions) are significant drivers of profit whilst providing readers a means to enjoy our digital content. Ensuring that our products are optimised to support commercial goals is central to our ambition to deliver a world-class customer experience.
Working within the Digital Product Portfolio team, the Head of Website Optimisation, Customer Success is responsible responsible for ensuring one of our most important products, Economist.com is optimised to drive commercial value for the business as well as creating a best in class experience for visitors and customers when subscribing or accessing their account.
Being a key role central to our growth strategy, you’ll will thrive on utilising analysis to identify & articulate commercial product opportunities, determine product development priorities and inform our digital product optimisation strategy. The ideal candidate, will also be a natural people person, being able to build strong relationships and collate requirements from a diverse group of stakeholders within senior management, including editorial, marketing, circulation and media services.
How will you contribute:
* Manage KPI reporting for our website product, including accurate updating and sharing, & dashboard design
* Manage the product testing and optimisation program, including line management responsibility for the Conversion Rate Optimisation Specialist and associated third parties
* Manage the Search Engine optimisation programme, roadmaps and agency relationship
* Oversee the newsletter and edm programmes to maximise business revenue
* Define tracking, tagging and data collection requirements for the end-to-end product journey, key conversion funnels and optimisation tests
* Create strong partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders amongst circulation, advertising, editorial and other business units to collate goals and drive forward plans
* Support the finance team in refining business case assumptions and investment plans
* Be to the go-to expert for internal stakeholder product insight needs, attending weekly and monthly planning and forecast meetings as the digital product representative
* Ensure insight is effectively cascaded throughout the business via standardised reporting dashboards, in-depth reports, PowerPoint presentations and in person
* Support the Senior Marketing Director, Customer Success and SVP, Product & Portfolio Strategy with senior management reporting needs
Experience, skills and professional attributes
The ideal skills for this role:
* Proven successes in website optimisation to drive performance
* Ability to work with data in range of different platforms, including Excel, Access, Reveal and SalesForce
* In depth understanding of key customer journey performance tracking tools and requirements definition, including Omniture, Google Analytics
* Experience of defining the requirements for the build and design of performance dashboards
* Ability to translate data into meaningful business insight and cascade via standardised reporting dashboards, in-depth reports and well-crafted presentations
* Experience of conversion rate optimisation practices and testing protocols
* An understanding of the key drivers of digital traffic including social, SEO and paid media and their associated reporting and insight requirements
* Ability to articulate an insight ‘story’ for key product stakeholders, via PowerPoint and in person
* Understands the commercial drivers of a publishing business
* Knowledge of digital innovation in the wider market place
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team along with your salary expectations.
In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment with a wide range of opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Software Powered by iCIMS