3 months ago
Leeds Building Society is looking for a Head of Digital Development to join our Customer & Digital team. You will be based at our Head Office in the heart of Leeds city centre.
About the role
Leeds Building Society is the UK's fifth largest building society. We have an exemplary track record of strong growth and profitability delivered as a result of putting customer needs at the heart of our business for the last 140yrs. Our vision is ‘to be Britain's most successful building society'. In summary this will mean ‘Best for Members, Best for Business and Best for Colleagues' helping to set ourselves apart from our competitors there has never been a better time for a commercially astute, high calibre business leader to join a major mutual and build upon its challenger status.
Reporting to the Director of Customer and Digital, the Head of Digital Development will play a pivotal role in supporting our ambitious corporate strategy. The Head of Digital Development will own the development of our digital strategy, roadmap and product intent for our customer facing sales and service proposition for consumers and mortgage intermediaries, facilitating delivery through enabling functions. They will also be responsible for managing the Society's existing digital assets ensuring brand positioning, product and service propositions are appropriately represented and commercial objectives achieved.
We are looking for a senior leader with a proven track record of maximising technology to deliver customer and business value. You must be able to build compelling business cases that secure internal resources and funding to deliver digital improvements and transformation. You will be someone who can inspire and structure user-led digital programmes with strong direct leadership and influence leadership to both internal and external teams. You will have exemplary communication and presentation skills capable of adapting messages and styles to all audiences from Board level to team members.
This is an exciting opportunity to drive forward our trusted and valued brand and service proposition more actively into digital channels whilst helping embed digital in our DNA. The Society is in an enviable position; well capitalised and strongly profitable, it is small enough to be fleet of foot, and fun, but big enough to have a well-developed infrastructure and be a recognised market player.
What are the key skills required for the role?
* Strong understanding and experience of digital and cloud technology, and eBusiness trends in the marketplace
* Strong track record of maximising technology to deliver customer and business value
* Understanding of security-by-design and privacy-by-design principles
* Solid background of owning a digital/user experience for a leading brand/platform
* Experience of inspiring and structuring digitally-inspired and design-led transformation and improvement programmes
* Ability to monitor a strategy's progress against a plan and implement corrective action as required
* Creating and managing successful teams and 3rd party relationships within a client organisation
* Capable of both strong direct and influence leadership to both internal and external teams
* Exemplary communication & presentation styles adapted to a wide range of audiences
Desirable Skills & Experience
* Experience in a highly regulated environment (ideally financial services)
* Experience of developing/refining effective digital operating models
Have you seen our benefits and rewards package?
* Annual salary & performance related bonus
* 30 days annual holiday & annual holiday purchase scheme
* Car allowance, pension & Life Assurance
* Private medical insurance & Health Shield cash plan
* Exclusive colleague mortgage deals
* Annual volunteering day & long service awards
* Childcare voucher scheme
* Bus & train travel ticket loans & a Cycle Flex Scheme
Leeds Building Society is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us.