3 months ago
Head of Digital & Social Media, Smart DCC, based in London
At the Smart Data Communications Company (DCC) we believe in making Britain more connected, so we can all lead smarter, greener lives.
The DCC has delivered and operates a highly secure data network to which energy smart meters in homes and small businesses across Britain can connect, linking them with energy suppliers, network operators and authorised third parties. 30 million homes and small businesses are being offered smart meters by 2020.
This is a once-in-a-generation project, which is one of the most ambitious, challenging and exciting of its kind in the world.
The secure data network which DCC is delivering will serve as vital national infrastructure and will be a catalyst for the most significant and innovative transformation of the energy sector in decades. This technology will help digitise Britain’s energy system, paving the way for a lower carbon economy and clean growth.
As a wholly-owned subsidiary of Capita plc, the DCC operates under licence. It is funded by, and serves, the energy industry. The secure data network is fully operational: more than a million second-generation smart meters have already been installed onto it, and the rate is accelerating.
Alongside delivery of the smart metering network, the DCC is also delivering the programme to bring first-generation smart meters onto the new system; developing communications technology to overcome physical challenges such as signal strength in high rise buildings; and directing the programme to design and implement a new Centralised Registration Service which will underpin Ofgem’s reforms to allow consumers to switch energy supplier within 24 hours.
To deliver these vital programmes, the DCC is investing in highly-skilled, multi-disciplinary professionals capable of operating in a dynamic environment with significant levels of engagement with industry, Government and service providers.
Leadership of DCC’s digital estate and its use of digital content, is a vital part of the organisation telling its story well.
As Head of Digital and Social Media you will be a senior and highly experienced practitioner, working closely with the Director of Corporate Affairs, taking a lead on all aspects of the DCC’s digital and social media. You’ll take the role in leading the development of the external digital estate including website development, social media channels and digital content. The role will be pivotal to the digitisation of the DCC services and communications offered to customers and internally to DCC colleagues as we strive to become a more connected organisation. The work you do will play a key role in supporting reactive and proactive communications through an intensive delivery period and will have high visibility at Executive level.
Skills and Experience - Essential
* Proven success managing a website CMS, tools and digital agencies.
* Proven success managing and developing a social media function at a senior level, either in-house for a corporate, or agency side, this should include the creation and launch of social media accounts.
* Excellent judgement over issues management, deploying content, anticipating newsflow and advising over a wide range of digital interactions.
* Experience of integrated campaigning across all audiences and channels, and awareness of the internal and external impacts of the relative channel mix.
* Personal impact and gravitas as a confident and credible leader.
* Strong relationship-building and influencing skills. Comfortable advising senior leaders; robust and willing to challenge appropriately.
* Well organised, accustomed to balancing multiple deadlines and priorities.
* Capable of rapidly assimilating complex policy or technical detail and then explaining this clearly to lay audiences.
* Results-focused, with a deep understanding of communication measurement, gathering/using data, and evaluation, both for periodic strategic review and for tactical decision-making.
* High levels of personal initiative and a positive outlook.
* Exemplary written and oral communication skills.
* Resilient, calm and clear-headed under pressure. Flexible, and used to working at pace.
* Accustomed to building business cases for new initiatives and managing projects to budget.
Skills and Experience - Desirable
* Proven success in running B2B digital PR campaigns.
* Ability to drive integration of contact outputs into CRM system to optimise data & relationship management.
* Experience of working with Umbraco CMS
* Experience of working with Salesforce CRM, and Social Platform.
* Knowledge of the tech, telecoms or energy industry