7 months ago
Amazon Web Services is seeking a talented, self-directed leader to develop and drive Amazon Web Services’ (AWS) SMB marketing strategy across European, Middle East and Africa markets. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role developing an important new market segment within an exciting, fast growing business.
Reporting to the EMEA Head of Marketing, this role will focus on gathering market and customer insights for the SMB cloud computing market across EMEA, and using these insights to develop and evolve an EMEA go-to-market strategy.
Partnering closely with sales and regional functional leadership to define the overall SMB business strategy and targets, you will have a strong focus on increasing customer acquisition and defining programs that facilitate the adoption of AWS services by customers. You will also work with field marketing teams in the regions as well as working with corporate teams in the US, to create and execute marketing programs and campaigns, with a strong digital focus, targeted to small businesses customers across the region to drive awareness, acquisition and adoption.
The right candidate will have successful experience in results-driven marketing and partnering with teams to drive growth in new regions, as well as an unbridled passion for technology, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Identify and set up mechanisms for gathering market and customer data and insights to inform business direction
- Partner with functional stakeholders to develop a differentiated go-to-market strategy for AWS across EMEA
- Set and execute a consistent customer acquisition and adoption strategy to drive the growth of the EMEA SMB business
- Manage a disciplined process of accountability, setting appropriate marketing metrics for global and country marketing teams
- Coordinate global and country marketing and sales team efforts (including partner marketing) to align EMEA strategy and country execution
· Significant relevant work experience in strategic marketing or consulting.
· Proven ability to analyze complex market dynamics and develop go-to-market strategy
· Demonstrated success in managing a multi-national team in a complex and fast-paced matrixed organization
· Willingness to travel and ability to work independently and autonomously
· Relevant recent experience in developing and optimizing digital marketing programs, including knowledge of industry tools such as SalesForce.com, Marketo and online analytics packages
· Fluency in English
· Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, technology, or relevant field of study.
· Experience in marketing B2B technology products or services.
· A career trajectory that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and proven success delivering measurable marketing results
· Proven experience finding creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of staying on budget
· Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.