6 months ago
Help create the future of customer experience at Amazon! It’s an exciting time to be on the Operations Public Relations team. Our team oversees tours within our Amazon fulfillment centers where customer orders are picked, packaged, and shipped. We’re looking for an extremely customer-focused Program Manager who can help us deliver an outstanding tour experience to visitors everywhere. This person will contribute creative solutions to tour administration, website management, customer service, and the many other opportunities that our dynamic tour program has to offer. If you love being customer centric, like to be creative, and are deeply analytical, this is the position for you.
Amazon is seeking a self-motivated and creative communications professional to lead our Fulfillment Centers (FC) Tours program in Europe. The role is based in Amazon’s offices in Luxembourg and will support the teams across the EU leading and scaling our existing Public Tours program across eight countries. Travel will be an element of the role.
This position will be responsible for expanding the existing FC Public Tour Program and enhancing all elements of it. This role will manage an existing yet growing team and will work closely with the in- country public relations leads where Amazon operates to drive consistent and comprehensive tour experience across the EU. This is a highly visible position that will drive a key component of the company's strategy to show customers what happens once they order a product on Amazon.
The right candidate will have a proven track record of managing similar tour based programs that resonate with key audiences. They will be able to work at internet-speed, deliver flawlessly, support advertising campaigns with a high level of creativity and extensive experience. The ability to influence and support communications colleagues across the region and to work with a broad stakeholder groups from all levels of the organization will also be vital.
Reporting to the Global Director of FC Tours and with a dotted line to the Director for Ops PR Europe, this role is responsible for:
· FC Tours at over 20 locations in the EU
· Ownership of training program for new FC Tour ambassadors
· Key contact between General Managers and Tour Program Leaders
· Delivery of audit program and metrics
· Ownership of standard operating procedures for Tours
· Private Tour Engagement
· Key tour leader for high-profile celebrity and politician tours in coordination with Public Relations and/or Public Policy
· Training support
Successful candidates will have demonstrated a true hands-on approach, an understanding of the marketing mix, a data-driven and an analytical mindset. In addition, effective presentation and persuasion skills are a must as this role requires the ability to influence without authority.
· A completed Master's Degree or MBA from an accredited university
· 10+ years of related experience
· Experience coaching and training
· Experience developing and implementing similar tour based programs
· You are leader and exhibit that in you every day work with experience of team leadership
· You have the ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, and when given a deadline you know how to motivate yourself and meet it.
· You don’t hesitate in public speaking or writing a paper. You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
· You enjoy analytical work and using data to provide thought-provoking and workable solutions. Data is what you look to when given a problem to solve.
· You typically volunteer to lead projects and help your team achieve goals. You have a track record of taking ownership and driving results.
· You like adventures and taking risks.
· You see value in long term thinking and large scale impact to a company. You have interest in developing a long-term career at Amazon.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation