8 months ago
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Are you a Head of Experience looking for your next role with an award-winning global retail business? Then we’d love to hear from you!
WHY WORK FOR THE BODY SHOP?
When Anita Roddick founded The Body Shop in 1976, she had a vision. Business as a force for good – that’s us. Over 40 years later, we’re proud to be pioneering cruelty-free beauty every step of the way. We’re the original ethical beauty brand. We’ve got a thing for empowering people and enriching our planet. We’re all about keeping it real, in every way possible.
Our activist roots remain a huge part of everything we do, from our iconic window posters to our vegetarian products to our infamous campaigns. We’re never afraid to stand up and speak the truth. We like to do things a little differently around here.
In fact, this is an incredibly exciting time for The Body Shop. We’re fighting for what we believe in now more than ever. No holding back. Breaking the mould has always come naturally to us, and we need someone who’s not afraid to mix things up.
WHO ARE NATURA &CO?
The Body Shop, along with Aesop and Natura, is part of Natura &Co, a global, multi-channel and multi-brand cosmetics group that is committed to generating positive economic, social and environmental impact. Group owner Natura is Brazil's number one cosmetics manufacturer. Sustainable development has been the company's guiding principle since it was founded in 1969.
THE ROLE IN A NUTSHELL
To create an authentic living service culture at The Body Shop: in all our retail outlets, across the entire globe. Define what The Body Shop service looks like (the WHAT) and the behaviours that enable it (the HOW) and inspire managers at all levels and in all geographies to instill this culture, creating a common language and framework. Develop recruitment criteria and procedures (“hire the smile”) and lead a global team of training managers to ensure excellence and consistency in bringing our Brand Purpose to life.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE
* Bring the Purpose to Life in all of our stores by defining The Body Shop service proposition and identifying the behaviours that enable this
* Create a common language and framework to ensure global consistency, including within international teams
* Create recruitment criteria and procedures that enable markets to identify and retain the right colleague profiles
* Understand global service norms and find the right cultural expression in each of our strategic markets, challenging local teams to deliver TBS service that is locally relevant rather than the industry norm
* Evaluate and redefine our customer engagement touch points (e.g. consultations) to ensure we bring our Brand Purpose to life
* Develop core rituals that bring our Brand Purpose to life and support our iconic products.
* Develop store experiences according to evolving retail and market trends
* Develop and support service trials to enhance the brand products and activism initiatives
* Work cross functionally with the Brand team to develop customer operations, products and event animation creative and innovative store experience initiatives
* Work with Retail Academy team to ensure training assets bring our service proposition to life
* Develop strong international network with local training managers, inspiring and instilling a strong service culture
* Manage mystery shopping initiatives for The Body Shop and competitors to measure the customer experience
* Develop measures to track the customer satisfaction
* Lead and animate an international network of local training managers ensuring regular communication and international Get-Togethers
* Translate business strategy into Customer experiential initiatives and act as ambassador and guardian of the omni-channel customer experience through development and training
* Lead & coach team, developing training managers in markets to drive global RA capability and knowledge with regular and communications
* Proven Experience of creating / transforming a Service Culture in a large multi-site retail or service industry (e.g. aviation)
* Experience leading complex, multi-site teams and interface management
* Proven experience of creating, animating and leading workshops
* Strong background in service design and delivery
* International experience and understanding of cultural nuance in service, particularly within the Asian market, is advantageous
* Project Management
* Management & People Development
* Passion for beauty/toiletries industry
Degree/equivalent educated in a related discipline (i.e. Human Resources, Learning & Development, Business Operations)
Our global HQ is located in the heart of East Croydon – 1 minute walk from the train station and is just 10 minutes train ride from Clapham Junction and 16 minutes from London Victoria. Our brand new office opened just over one year ago and provides a light, modern and open-plan work space that includes an onsite global café and even a living wall in the reception area.
Want to join the Body Shop team? Then please apply today – as well as a competitive salary, here are just a few of the rewards and benefits you can look forward to when you join us: a 5% non-contributory pension plan, 23 days holiday, 3 days a year to volunteer in the local community, 50% staff discount and access to product sample sales, access to Perks At Work our online shopping channel with exclusive deals & discounts, as well as LOVE money to spend on your well-being and personal development. We have also implemented ‘Work Wise’ into our HQ - flexibility of ‘in-office’ hours, the ability to work remotely and a new meeting charter. Here at The Body Shop we’ve got your best interests at heart – it’s our way of saying thank you!