6 months ago
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
The Head of Product and Platforms takes a lead role in growing Telefonica UK’s share of the Internet of Things (IOT) market through the development and management of new IoT platforms, products and solutions. Working with all Channels and Sectors, you will manage the full lifecycle from idea to delivery and in life operations.
You will work closely with teams across Digital and the wider O2 and Telefonica business providing expertise and use your knowledge and insight to drive innovation.
• All IoT products & services are in scope from connectivity to end to end solutions
• Identification of the key current and future strategic priorities and opportunities for business in the IoT arena; development of the 3 year product & platform strategy & roadmap
• Work closely with the leadership teams across the Telefonica O2 UK organisation to ensure that the necessary foundations are put in place to achieve the strategic product and platform vision
• Manage and develop the IoT product team and work within, manage and motivate complex matrix teams across internal, third party and global stakeholders
• Develop and enhance the portfolio to ensure its relevance in the marketplace, delivering a compelling offer and ensuring clear differentiation against the competition
• Understand and interpret market data and customer insight and use to inform appropriate actions
• Negotiate, set-up and manage supplier agreement
• Create compelling business cases and manage CapEx allocation and forecasts
• Champion the needs of the customer to deliver world-class experiences
Skills & experience:
• Working knowledge of the IoT or a related field
• Proven product lifecycle management experience
• Experience of shaping strategic agendas
• Strong commercial and financial management - where you have worked closely with finance, legal and commercial teams to drive maximum commercial impact
• Proven ability to perform effectively in a pressured environment and able to cope with ambiguity and to meet and exceed demanding targets
• Proven ability to work within, manage and motivate complex matrix teams of people across internal, third party and global stakeholders
• Ability to both manage and work as part of large programmes or projects
• Leader with a proven track record of building and leading teams
• Excellent communication and presentation skills at all levels (internal and external) including Board and CEO level.
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits that could include a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica’s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you’ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There’s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.