8 months ago
We exist to make mobile better for everyone. Ever since we were created in 2003, we've been challenging and changing the way the industry works by putting customers first and tackling the issues that frustrate and annoy them. We were the first mobile network to take the fear out of using data with our All You Can Eat plans. We were the first to abolish eye-watering roaming charges for people travelling abroad and we were the first network to give our customers 4G at no extra cost. We knocked out sky high prices for calling 0800 numbers before anyone else.
We’re able to do this thanks to our amazing people who share our passion and belief in making things right.
There has never been a better time to join Three’s procurement team – it’s a department that’s really on the up! The business is hungry to be challenged by fresh insights delivered through strong category planning and industry knowledge – the door is therefore wide open for a reinvigorated procurement team to deliver incremental value quickly and generate longer term supply strategies which support Three’s aspirations to significantly grow its customer base Over the coming years
To meet this challenge, Three is looking for a driven and experienced HoP for IT who can assess complex challenges and drive an existing team forward, in order to enhance the Procurement offering to Three’s wider organisation.
The Head of IT Procurement reports to the Director of Procurement within the LCRA Department. The role has four direct reports and covers an external spend of circa £100m per year . Primary stakeholder contacts are:
* C level execs and SMT /SLT
* Heads of functions
* Key project related personnel e.g. transformation director, SRM/VRM director, technical architects
* Hutchison Group commercial/legal touchpoints
Roles & Responsibilities
* Successfully lead the IT Procurement team to deliver a ‘best in class’ procurement and supply chain offering to Three
* Act in a partnering style to promote Procurement to the wider business, acting as a conduit to work being funnelled through Procurement, minimising leakage allowing control
* Manage a team of direct reports
* Coach team members on ways of working and support with guidance / gravitas as required
* Influence peers and line manager to alternative ways in working where relevant and beneficial
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
Uses comprehensive knowledge and skills to act independently while guiding and training others on to the following:
* Law and Regulation - Professionally interpret and apply knowledge of local laws and regulations in the context of procurement related activities
* Market Research and Analysis - uses research and analysis to develop a comprehensive understanding of market conditions in order to facilitate the success of a brand, product or service.
* Vendor Management - Manages vendors so that they deliver the best possible results given available resources.
* Procurement Business Case Development - Develops business cases for the procurement of particular products and services.
* Procurement Process Management - Manages the entire procurement process from start to finish.
* Data Management - Acquires, organises, protects and processes data to fulfil business objectives.
* Negotiation - Negotiates and helps the organization by obtaining consensus between two or more internal or external parties who may have different interests.
* Planning and Organizing - Plans, organises, prioritises and oversees activities to efficiently meet business objectives.
* Policy and procedures - Provides technical guidance when required on developing, monitoring, interpreting and understanding policies and procedures, while making sure they match organizational strategies and objectives.
* Action Planning - Appropriately plans or performs necessary actions based on recommendations and requirements.
* Verbal Communication – Uses clear and effective verbal communications skills to express ideas, request actions and formulate plans or policies.
* Commercial Acumen - Develops solutions based on an understanding of the business environment and objectives.
* University (degree educated)
* CIPS (preferable)
* MBA (desirable)
* Wide and deep experience providing expert competence (Over 10 years to 15 years)
* Prior exposure to multiple businesses and sectors in order to be able to draw on and apply relevant experience to Three
* Managerial Experience - Experience of supervising and directing people and other resources to achieve specific end results within limited timeframes (minimum 5 years of demonstrable experience)
* Experience of executive/board level business partnering.
* Outstanding leadership skills, able to coach and support teams and team members alike.
* Exceptional engagement and relationship building abilities. Naturally accessible. Able to communicate complex challenges in simple terms.
* Strategically minded and creative, able to translate a vision into clear methodical plans with excellent problem solving ability.
* Leadership experience of developing complex, business wide category, budget and supplier strategies.
* Significant experience of running substantive end to end Procurement projects within blue-chip organisations.
* Deep experience on the Procurement basics - contract law, negotiation, market dynamics, commercial strategy, strategic sourcing, supply management.
Date posted 30/08/2017