If you're working for an on-premise PBX business or you're marketing mobiles, the chances are you're in a race to the bottom in a very saturated market. Modern technology is moving to the cloud and everything is all about "………as-a-Service" so this client, as a Unified-Communications-as-Service player is delivering instant collaboration in an increasingly remote world.
Our client is looking for an experienced B2B marketer who is driven, creative and looking to take the next step in their career as part of an exciting, fast-growing tech organisation. The successful candidate will have led and managed effective B2B marketing functions with proven success of brand redevelopment and generating qualified leads for sales functions.
This role will be responsible for the creation and overall execution of the marketing strategy including product development and fully integrated marketing plans supporting each stage of the customer lifecycle. You will be responsible for managing the marketing budget and spend, and regular performance reporting against agreed KPIs, including presentations to key stakeholders when required.
Key role responsibilities for the Head of Marketing will include:
- Creating the product and marketing strategy including setting marketing objectives and KPIs, in order to achieve wider business objectives
- Defining and managing the marketing budget and spend
- Managing, developing and leading a team of five reports.
- Owning and managing the marketing activity in order to:
- Grow new business opportunities and support prospect lead nurture across all business units
- Identify opportunities within existing customer base
- Work closely with sales management to create awareness of new initiatives, increase adoption of tools and enable better selling practices
- Support and grow relationships with strategic partners and vendors to enhance marketing activity
- Owning and managing the content marketing strategy from conception to execution
- Generating marketing qualified leads for the sales teams
- Leading on brand positioning/campaign messaging
- Managing new product development and launching products to market
- Performance managing and reporting against KPIs to key stakeholders across the business
- Attending regular stakeholder meetings to present marketing performance and activity
- Monitoring UK telecoms industry trends for buyer personas, competitive propositions and marketing programmes to inform the marketing strategy and plan
- Growing and maintaining stakeholder relationships at all levels
- Working closely with the wider marketing team and third-party companies/agencies where required
- Strong balance sheet
- Unique and disruptive player in the Unified Comms space
- Targeting £50m turnover within 2 years - well on the way there
- Brilliant management team with strong industry pedigree
Requirements for the role of Head of Marketing:
- At least 7 years demonstrable experience in planning and executing successful lead generation marketing campaigns utilising multiple channels, specifically targeting B2B organisations, ideally in a technology sector
- Previous experience managing a multi-discipline marketing team
- Experience working with CRM and marketing platforms - preferably Salesforce and Pardot/Hubspot
- Experience with digital marketing application
- Good presentation skills
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Marketing Degree or equivalent professional CIM qualification
- Basic: £55k-£65k basic
- Bonus / OTE: 10%
- Benefits: 25 days holiday, pension, health
Location: The position of Head of Marketing will be based in central Bath 4 days a week with the option of working from home 1 day a week.