7 months ago
We are seeking a passionate and driven Head of Marketing with experience in both online and offline Marketing channels to drive traffic, new customer acquisition, retention and growth internationally for Book Depository.
Book Depository (bookdepository.com) is a leading international book retailer with a unique value proposition – Free Delivery Worldwide on 20 million books. An Amazon company, our strategy is to be a leading bookseller on Amazon marketplaces and to grow our website in non-Amazon countries. We serve customers in 167 countries and display books in 26 different local currencies. We have 6 million email subscribers and 350,000 Social Media followers worldwide. Our vision is to be First Choice Bookseller to the World, improving affordability and access to books through our core value proposition of large selection, low prices and Free Delivery Worldwide. Our Headquarters are in London and our Fulfillment Centre is in Gloucester, with further offices in Madrid and Cape Town.
The Head of Marketing will be responsible for driving traffic to the website, engaging customers through CRM and leading our International Expansion strategy, developing plans to acquire new customers across multiple geographies. You will be able to define an ambitious vision, goals & Marketing strategy as well as be able to execute the plans with excellence, deliver results and evaluate performance. You will manage a team of 5 and report to the Commercial Director. You will work closely with commercial and tech stakeholders to deliver the plans.
· Develop the worldwide Marketing strategy for Book Depository, including the “Who” (targeting strategy), “What” (messaging / creative strategy) and “How” (channel strategy).
· Develop plans to traffic, new customer acquisition and customer engagement across both digital (SEO, Paid Search, Affiliates, Email/CRM, Online Display, Social) and offline marketing channels (Press, Outdoor, Events).
· Coach and develop a team of 5 channel marketers to deliver the strategy and plans.
· Define goals and metrics to measure success and review performance on weekly, monthly & quarterly basis.
· Create and optimise analytics tools, reports and mechanisms to evaluate performance, taking into account long term customer value where applicable.
· Collaborate with Finance to measure return on investment of our Marketing activities.
· Create a multi-year roadmap of initiatives to ensure sustainable long-term success.
· Partner with the Commercial team stakeholders to ensure our content, selection and pricing plans align with marketing plans.
· Engage the Tech team to put in place technical solutions where necessary
· Managing commercial relationship with external agencies around the world to the deliver strategy and plans.
· Manage Marketing spend, ensuring that we stay within the budget and our agencies and vendors are paid on time.
· Network regularly with wider Amazon / subsidiary colleagues to stay up-to-date with the latest learnings, tools and knowledge.
· Sunstancial Marketing experience
· Experience running integrated marketing campaigns, combining both online and offline channels to drive traffic and new customer acquisition.
· Strong leader who can set direction, spot opportunities, solve problems and galvanise teams to create impact.
· Commercially sound and financially literate, with a solid understanding of business drivers and ability to evaluate campaign performance and ROI.
· High standards and attention to detail, with a knack for spotting details others would miss.
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use data to develop and measure marketing campaigns and comfortable using data to make recommendations and drive decisions.
· Highly creative with proven ability to develop and manage engaging and original campaigns.
· The ability to think on your feet and make smart decisions combined with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including a strong working knowledge of Excel.
· Bachelor’s Degree or MBA.
· Working in an e-commerce or direct-to-consumer business.
· Working in a global role or marketing to customers across multiple geographies
· Using analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Tableau.
· Using Salesforce Marketing cloud.
· An avid reader with a passion and ability to identify and leverage exciting book trends.