Head of Marketing and Communication
Warwickshire, England, United Kingdom
£50,000 - £60,000
Salary: £47,734 to £57,973 per annum
Hours: 37 hours per week
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Location: Nuneaton base with travel to all campuses
The Head of Marketing will manage the day-to-day operations of the marketing team, executing the annual plan. Collaborating with the Executive Director, they will develop and implement the Learning Group strategy while overseeing its execution. The role holds primary responsibility for student recruitment, optimizing the marketing mix, embracing new digital channels, and ensuring stakeholders are kept informed of progress.
- Collaborate with the line manager to shape the marketing strategy.
- Develop and execute the operational marketing plan aligned with the strategy and budget.
- Drive recruitment, conversion, and retention plans in various educational segments.
- Cultivate a proficient, customer-centric Marketing Department with clear KPIs and regular performance assessments.
- Utilize market data to inform strategic decisions in collaboration with the Commercial Innovation Unit.
- Ensure consistent corporate identity across stakeholders and staff.
- Disseminate strategic information within the Marketing Team and to relevant stakeholders.
- Evaluate campaign effectiveness against objectives, KPIs, costs, and ROI for continuous improvement.
- Identify and explore sponsorship opportunities as relevant.
- Foster partnerships within the Marketing Department to provide excellent account management services.
- Ensure marketing practices are innovative, efficient, and regularly updated.
- Plan, manage, and assess college events for both internal and external audiences.
- Oversee a Design Team/agency for remarkable marketing collateral both offline and online.
- Implement e-marketing solutions aligned with the business plan's commercial objectives.
- Manage the college's corporate identity internally and externally.
- Uphold the college's strong reputation locally, regionally, and nationally in coordination with PR and Internal Communications.
- Handle public relations, publications, events, e-marketing, signage, and direct marketing.
- Ensure all work aligns with best practices for equality, diversity, and safeguarding.
Other Key Duties:
- Financial: Manage and monitor the annual marketing budget, including staffing allocation and various costs.
- People: Oversee day-to-day management of marketing staff, setting targets, conducting appraisals, and facilitating team meetings.
- Processes: Establish documented operational processes for consistent workflow and project management.
- Quality: Develop and execute annual plans, assess performance, and analyse marketing activities for effectiveness.
- Improvement: Set and measure targets through self-assessment, consult stakeholders for future activities.
- Health & Safety: Ensure completion of necessary risk assessments and oversee health and safety measures.
- Other Responsibilities: Fulfil Duty Officer responsibilities as part of the management rota.
- Act as a role model for the College and Group, adhering to corporate values and the Staff Code of Conduct.
- Ensure effective communication mechanisms, financial management, team development, quality assurance, engagement in self-assessment, and proactive risk management.
- Literacy and Numeracy qualifications to at least Level 2 or equivalent.
- Professional/vocational qualification in marketing or related field.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years in a marketing and management position.
- Desirable: Understanding of the education sector, design and print knowledge, persuasive skills, IT competence, commitment to Equality & Diversity.
Safeguarding and Promoting Welfare:
Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people as per college policies. This job description is current but subject to change to reflect job modifications. Individuals can work towards achieving desirable criteria post-appointment.
You may have experience in the following: Head of Marketing and Communication, Marketing and Communication Director, Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), Marketing Communications Manager, Marketing Strategist, Director of Marketing and Communications, etc.