12 months ago
Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (AdWords, AdSense, DoubleClick, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a loyal consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
As the Head of Music Programming for EMEA you will help build and maintain YouTube's Music program on handsets, web and tablets. Based on your digital content experience, you will co-ordinate and launch effective features and promotions. You bring to the table strong content instincts, sharp analytical abilities, and impeccable verbal and written communication skills.
You are comfortable working cross-functionally with product, design, marketing, engineering, and other teams to develop an innovative user experience. You'll be able to work both independently and collaboratively to develop new content features and scalable programming processes. You’ll also have a track record for successful prioritization, meeting critical deadlines, and enthusiastically taking on new challenges.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
* Plan and execute the regional strategy for Music Programming on YouTube in EMEA.
* Plan and deliver a regionally relevant annual programming calendar for Music on YouTube.
* Work with internal and external partnerships teams to develop and launch effective content and promotions.
* Work cross-functionally to define and implement programming tools and processes, and platform-wide improvements.
* Conduct metrics-based analyses of programming and provide recommendations for enhancing their effectiveness.
* BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience in a similar role for a mobile or online digital Music content business.
* Experience working with both external and internal partners on co-promotion or cross-promotion strategies and campaigns.
* Experience as a people manager.
* Experience applying digital programming best practices.
* Ability to advise on strategies and product requirements to enhance platform-level programming capabilities.
* Programming and creative skills with an ability to craft messaging and work with design and production resources to drive creative execution.
* Ability to work across functions and divisions and deliver measurable results.
* Analytical skills with the ability to analyze research or performance data and apply that analysis to optimize programming strategy.
* Fluency in German or French.