11 months ago
We have a fantastic opportunity for an innovative, strategic thinker to join us at Hearst UK. As Head of PR and Communications you will sit alongside the CEO to devise and, with agency support, deliver, a communications programme to convey the Hearst UK corporate narrative to key trade, financial and mainstream media audience. This includes the identification of key for a and speaker opportunities for Hearst UK management that would help to position the business as a market leader in, and active contributor to, the UK media industry. You will also develop campaigns and content in support of the business’s strategy.
Hearst UK’s approach to communications has historically centred on celebrating its component brands. Understandably therefore, consumers and employees identify more readily with the brands rather than the group: ‘publication first, Hearst second’. A key priority for you will be to build profile and narrative for us.
To be successful in the role you must be capable of balancing the ‘here and now’ with the importance of ensuring long term planning. Must be an individual with credibility and confidence to inspire and lead a team.
* Credible experience in a corporate communications and employee engagement role across a large, matrixed business in media, affiliated field or in a consumer facing brand.
* Strategically minded, you must demonstrate significant experience within management positions whilst being operational and hands-on.
* Strong management capabilities.
* Strong working relationships with relevant stakeholder groups and solid evidence of managing media relationships.
* Strong background and interest in knowledge development, shaping and content dissemination.
* A can-do attitude – proven track record of proactive and innovative thinking. You will need to provide both high quality advice and practical delivery.
* Exceptional influencing skills, able to build coalitions and inspire confidence at all levels.
* Outstanding interpersonal and networking skills, including the proven ability to work across different audiences, personalities and experience levels.
* Proven ability to multi task and work to tight deadlines; you will be a proactive and self-motivated team player with an enthusiastic approach.
* First class writing and presentation skills.