17 days ago
Becoming a Head of Product (Education) with Capita ONE:
The primary objective for the role is to oversee the strategic product direction across the Capita One Education business for existing products and potential new markets and new products and lead a team of Product Managers. This involves managing the entire product lifecycle from strategic planning, business case approval and tactical activities and acting as a Product Evangelist and expert for the One Education business. The role needs to ensure the products and software satisfy the market requirements, shape the sector needs for new business sales, account management sales and new markets to drive revenue. It involves being a go-to person and strategic leader within the organisation for Capita’s One Education product sets.
What you will do:
* Definition, review and maintain Product Roadmaps for the sales community, business, customers and prospects.
* Working with the Product Launch, team provide clearly defined strategies for the pre-sales teams regarding software solutions / benefits for the defined target markets.
* Evangelise and represent the product(s), vision and market opportunity, articulate the unique value proposition and product priorities to the market and key internal and external stakeholders and customers, and provide thought leadership to the market.
* Overall line management of the Product Team, including mentoring and coaching of Product Managers.
* Work collaboratively with colleagues in Business Analysis and Software Development to ensure that new or updated product is delivered on time, to budget and to the required quality software by.
* Work with the Product Launch team to measure adoption of new and updated products and lead the process to refine propositions where action is needed to increase adoption.
Your experience will include:
* Have led the process to bring new commercial software products to market, both successful and unsuccessful ones.
* Have led or mentored Product teams.
* Sound knowledge of product management principles.
* An aptitude for written communication and an ability to produce documentation with ease.
* An ability to influence others regardless of position/seniority.
* An analytical approach to problem solving.
* Excellent business analysis skills.
* Strong decision-making skills.
* Commercial acumen.
* Strong customer facing skills with the ability to represent the company in a confident and professional manner.
About Capita ONE
Capita ONE works to transform the lives of children, young people and families. We give our customers the information they need to improve outcomes and that’s why we’re currently delivering solutions to 120 local authorities to support early intervention and prevention. Our team is as passionate about people as we are - that’s why many of them have joined us directly from local authorities and the public sector – and why you could too.
Capita ONE are part of Capita Plc, the UK’s leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through quality solutions, tailored to our customers’ needs, we’ve helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration – with colleagues, customers and clients – is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 25 day’s holiday, car allowance or company car, company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You’ll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential – whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |