6 months ago
Amazon’s Prime Video is a premium on-demand video entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch from popular Prime Original TV shows (made by Amazon Studios) such as The Grand Tour, Jack Ryan and the recent Golden Globe winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel to Prime Original Movies like the Oscar-winning Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman. The service also offers TV shows that are exclusively available for Prime members in each country such as American Gods, MR ROBOT and Outlander, and more recently live sport including the US Open tennis from 2018 and Premier League games from 2019. Beyond this content exclusivity, the service further differentiates from other video-on-demand services by offering Prime members the opportunity to subscribe to 60+ channels like Discovery, Starz, Eurosport Player and hayu and hundreds of thousands of additional titles to watch instantly with no extra apps to download or long term contracts. Prime Video is at the forefront of the entertainment industry and growing fast - now available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide – and we work in a dynamic, and exciting environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on...
Amazon Prime Video is looking for a forward-thinking, analytically minded research leader to join our team. Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Head of Research will have the opportunity to build a customer research program from the ground up. The role has single-threaded ownership of customer research for PV Europe (and beyond) and will be responsible for defining the PV research vision and roadmap. The role requires extensive experience with qualitative and quantitative customer research and the ability to communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to Prime Video worldwide senior leadership.
· Define the PV research vision and roadmap.
· Oversee small and large research initiatives to drive customer obsession throughout the Prime Video business. This includes but is not limited to usage and attitudinal studies, content testing, brand tracking, and creative asset testing.
· Present insights to Prime Video Senior leadership. Become a trusted business advisor that helps identify, develop and champion business objectives and strategies by providing deeper customer understanding.
· Pre-empt the brief by gaining a deep understanding of business objectives in order to propose ways in which research can solve for key questions.
· Vet and manage 3P agencies through selection of appropriate methodology (qualitative/quantitative), creation of surveys, interviews, or other data collection instruments.
· Innovate with new methodologies, processes and tools to continually improve the research team’s ability to impact change across the organization.
· Partner with the Commercial Analytics team to cross reference findings and draw out insights.
· Effectively manage internal and external partners to ensure projects are delivered in a cost efficient, timely and robust manner.
For this role we require:
· Proven track record leading market research or related field for a large international business.
· Ability to assimilate relevant data sources and hone in on key insights that drive business recommendations.
· Academic and practical experience with a wide array of new product, brand, advertising and customer satisfaction research methodologies
· Entrepreneurial self-starter skilled at prioritizing and managing multiple project schedules and deadlines that run simultaneously.
· Demonstrated success in influencing cross-functional teams, stakeholders and leadership.
· Exceptional persuasive written, verbal, and presentation communication and presentation skills with proven ability to build logical story flow.
· Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to drive toward consensus.
Further Qualifications would be a plus:
· Bachelors or advanced degree in business, mathematics, or the sciences
· Experience working in TV, Film, Entertainment, and/or New Platforms in fast-moving international environments.
· Experience with SPSS or QResearch
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on objective criteria including your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all sections of society irrespective of colour, race, religion or belief, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, disability, age or trade union membership. Please let us know if you have any special requirements in relation to this recruitment process.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.