7 months ago
Head of Risk
* Head of Risk
* Saga Group Ltd
* 16/03/2018 22:59
Salary Up To
* Highly Competitive Salary & Package
Job Description Summary
When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
This is a leadership role for the Risk Team who strive to facilitate, to help and support all functions of the business.
You will be reporting to a senior level and providing independent risk management oversight of, and support to Saga Services activities.
You will bring a thorough understanding of current developments in enterprise risk management and will have experience of working with FCA and other regulatory authorities. Your first-rate leadership and communication skills will be tested to the full as you persuade and influence thinking at senior management level.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
• Thought leader on Risk issues
• Creator & presenter of risk reporting at all Governance meetings
• Leader in risk analysis including scenario planning, stress testing and the application of these techniques in the creation of statutory documents such as the annual “Threshold Conditions 4” exercise
• Provision of risk “consultancy” services for formation of strategy and key project consideration
• Key contributor to Emerging and Horizon Risks debates & reporting
• Provider of risk education and training services
• Point of Financial Services risk expertise at Risk Committees,
• Independent review & challenge of risk registers for adequacy and technical correctness
• Represent the Saga group risk function at third party meetings, external conferences etc.
• Stay up to date with industry changes with regard to risk approach and management and best practice.
The duties listed are not exhaustive. A policy of flexible working operates, and staff may be required to undertake additional duties, responsibilities as appropriate to their skills and experience.
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
• Best practice Enterprise Risk Management Financial Services knowledge
• Senior risk management experience in, and commercial knowledge of, one or all of the following:*o Insurance Broking
o General Insurance
• Experienced manager with the ability to persuade and influence at senior management level*• Willing to challenge the Risk “status quo” at Executive level
• Experienced in working with the FCA and other relevant regulatory authorities*• Excellent communication skills, written and listening, across all business levels, and ability to act as a point of contact for the business to discuss requirements.*
• Strong attention to detail*• Highly developed time management skills to enable successful delivery to deadlines and to the required standard. *• Comfortable working in a changing environment but sensitive to the effect of change on people and businesses.• Self-managing and confident in their own abilities.*• Highly computer literate with extensive practical experience of MS Office including MS Project*• Experience of Enterprise Risk Management databases
Education and Qualifications:
• Educated to degree standard• Professional qualification either in Finance, risk or both
There will be project work to complete, which should be done in a professional manner.
The duties listed are not exhaustive. Additional hours of work may be required, as determined by the needs of the business. Managers and staff may be required to undertake additional duties, responsibilities and projects as appropriate.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs