9 months ago
In this role, you are a fully dedicated business leader, shaping the future of one of our many Google products. Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (AdWords, AdSense, DoubleClick, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a loyal consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
As the Head of Strategy and Operations, Hardware Marketing in EMEA, your role is to collaborate with global, regional and local counterparts to develop the strategic direction and operational prowess of the EMEA Hardware Marketing organization. You are the right hand person to the Director of Hardware Marketing and a key partner to the regional product, retail and cross-functional leadership teams that supports hardware products.
You'll help to define a business and marketing strategy rooted in consumer insights and market analytics. You'll will put in place a robust operating structure and processes to develop and maintain sustainable Go-to-Market narrative and practices, meeting efficiency goals while maximizing ROI for the business, and improve transparency and accountability of the divisions performance. And, more importantly, partner with the Director of EMEA Hardware Marketing and leadership team.
Opening date for applications: 19th April 2018
Closing date for applications: 19th May 2018
Competitive salary applies.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
* Lead, manage, and represent Hardware Marketing through annual and quarterly planning, strategy and execution. Identify and lead ad-hoc strategic projects, everything from defining new product strategies to executing marketing initiatives.
* Develop analytics framework and program as well as conduct in-depth analysis to support and strengthen hardware strategy.
* Design and build key operational structures and processes globally to ensure the team works efficiently and nimbly as possible. Partner with HR to ensure we have the right organizational design and rightsize staff allocation to achieve our goals.
* Staff the leadership team to set agenda for weekly meetings to shape offsites to ensuring leadership development.
* Work with Admin Business Partners and others to design programs that define/builds the Hardware Marketing team.
* BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience in marketing, operations, or a related field.
* Demonstrated executive leadership experience in hardware industry and/or marketing, within a consumer technology company.
* Experience either at a consulting firm and/or an in-house strategy unit within a large company.
* Excellent analytical, quantitative reasoning and strategic skills.