7 months ago
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
The HR Communications and Graphic Design Specialist is responsible for recommending and planning communications strategies for an award-winning, best in class Benefits program. This person will work closely with the International Compensation & Benefits team to create and implement engaging, innovative communications campaigns. The ideal candidate must be a creative thinker with proven ability to design and execute communications plans, and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with tight deadlines. The candidate must also be a detail oriented project manager with excellent follow-through skills and the ability to priortize effectively.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Partner closely with the Communications and International Compensation & Benefits teams to help drive effective implementation and deployment of key initiatives across the company and externally as needed.
* Develop effective ways to increase awareness and understanding of employee benefits and programs offered, and increase participation in programs.
* Recommend and plan communications strategies, programs or activities that address specific business issues or employee needs and achieve desired results.
* Assist in the design, writing and editing materials in various media, including web, social, email/newsletters, print (digital signage, posters, mailings, etc) and for a variety of audiences – from senior executives to front-line employees.
* Develop and/or update specific Brand Assets (i.e., assets re-sizing, update images, create assets to support local campaigns – banners, flyers, etc).
* Work with benefits team to plan and manage Benefits related events such as new program launch events, on-site education sessions, webinars, etc.
* Lead creative process from end to end (i.e. brainstorm concepts, write taglines, build designs, distribute campaigns, execute events).
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
* University degree in a related field (Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design, Public Relations) or equivalent experience,
* Proven experience proficiency in Adobe InDesign required, Adobe Creative Suite a plus,
* Proven experience in Corporate Communications and/or Content writing (web/print) preferred,
* Strong written and verbal communication skills,
* Strong interpersonal skills and customer service orientation,
* Detail-oriented, with outstanding organizational, project management, and prioritization skills,
* Ability to work well under pressure, meeting tight deadlines, and simultaneously managing multiple inputs on multiple projects,
* Must be creative, and able to adapt quickly in a changing environment,
* Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other Microsoft programs.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below.However,If you require any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 31, 2019, 5:20:27 AM