4 months ago
Immediate Media's Diversity Internship Scheme: BBC Good Food
Overall Job Purpose
BBC Good Food is the UK’s number one food brand. Whether you’re looking for healthy recipes and guides, family projects and meal plans, the latest gadget reviews, foodie travel inspiration or just the perfect recipe for dinner tonight, we’re here to help.
Our readers and digital audiences come from a wide variety of backgrounds and we’re keen to ensure this diversity is represented in our team. We want to make sure our voice makes all of our readers feel included and heard.
To make that happen, we’re setting up a brand-new internship programme, designed to find fresh voices to bring new perspectives to the Good Food brand. We’re approaching it in a new way, with no set qualifications or experience needed. If you think you can do the job, we want to hear from you.
We’re looking for a Community Executive to join the team as part of the 12-month internship, gaining experience in a variety of roles, including community management, customer service, editorial and analytics. The full-time role will be based within the editorial team in our Hammersmith office.
The successful applicant will gain experience across the brand, shadowing key representatives for a day each month, learning how Good Food works and adding a host of new skills to their CV.
This is a writing-heavy role, so we’re looking for someone with excellent written skills. We don’t require a degree for you to apply, or any specific previous experience. Your skills and your passion are more important to us than your qualifications. We’re asking you to write us a description of why you want to work at Good Food and what fresh, new perspective, you think you can bring to the brand, then show us your writing by completing a few short tasks.
The internship is a positive action scheme, under the Equality Act 2010.
Reporting into the Social Media Manager, the role will be responsible for managing our online community by providing a consistent and effective voice to the brand at all customer/audience touchpoints. The role will also support the digital team with production of social posts to promote online content, magazines and events.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate passion for digital and social media, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Community management: responding efficiently to enquiries across website, email and social media platforms.
* Represent the Good Food brand with a consistent tone of voice across all touchpoints.
* Coordinate with Marketing and PR teams to ensure brand consistency and to flag in good time any potential issues that may need escalating or careful messaging.
* Handle day-to-day community moderation of the brand’s Facebook groups, approving posts, approving member requests, and moderating comments.
* Work with editorial teams to support social content calendar by producing and distributing compelling and engaging social posts to promote strategic content. Ensuring content is in our tone of voice, is effective and maintains our social conversations.
* Assist with production of regular reports using Google Analytics, native social analytics and social management platform to monitor success of social content across channels.
* Feed into wider bbcgoodfood.com weekly and monthly editorial planning, sharing ideas for seasonal and occasion-based content.
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies
* Highest standard of accuracy and attention to detail
* Excellent verbal communication skills
* Excellent writing skills
* Analytical skills with good knowledge of excel; comfortable in producing reports and formulas
* Attention to detail and ability to multitask
* Flexible, approachable attitude with good problem-solving skills
* Passion for digital and social media
* Experience with Photoshop/InDesign desired, but not a must.