9 months ago
Purpose and Accountability
Leads a team of Incident Managers who are accountable for the governance of the E2E incident management process. This includes processing and coordination of appropriate and timely responses to incident reports, channeling requests for help to appropriate functions for resolution, monitoring resolution activity, and keeping clients appraised of progress towards service restoration
Accountable for ensuring that incident management processes will work effectively across partners to minimize service impact and therefore only require minimal resource at the service assurance level. This will be enhanced through automation and workflows to ensure resolver groups receive incidents without intervention
Accountable for the 24x7x365 point of escalation across all partners in the service restoration of major incidents
The typical planning horizon for this role is weekly in that it provides operational capability to the business.
Roles & Responsibilities
* Leads a team of incident managers who support 24 x 7 x 365 incident management monitoring across the organisation
* Ensures that any impact to services for customers and employees is minimized through effective service restoration. Service restoration will be achieved through partners in the resource layer managing technologies underpinning services
* Responsible for routing major incidents between partners and coordinating resolutions in a timely manner with minimal disruption to the business
* Responsible for developing the procedures and frameworks for how incident management is handled by partners, and in between partners
* Ensures service impact is consistently understood and communicated to the right level of business stakeholders in a timely fashion through appropriate service monitoring and post incident reporting. Incident management will be seamless embedded to change, problem and CSI activities and process
* Ensures incident management processes work effectively across partners to minimize service impact and therefore only require minimal resource at the service assurance level. This will be enhanced through automation and workflows to ensure resolver groups receive incidents without intervention.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
Role Fundamentals – Essential criteria
* Certified ITIL Service Operation Intermediate
* Experience of leading an incident management team within a multi-party telecommunications environment on a 24x7 basis.
Level / Grade specific experience and knowledge
Candidates at this level should demonstrate:
* Experience of working with and influencing various levels of management, building relationships and influence across teams and a wider community of other leaders and managers. A clear communicator
* Ability to lead, make decisions, problem solve and work within teams. Can demonstrate flexibility and agility to move between role types within teams
* Will have clear subject matter experience of their area (both technical and commercial) and ability to connect and work across multiple domains. Can demonstrate knowledge of their area articulated through key operating elements of people, process and technology
* Ability to contribute to the development of strategies (and/or service strategies) within their area and understand the importance of the customer experience and how this can be affected by service impacts
* Will have a high level, broad end-to-end understanding of our business and it’s operational performance and be able to demonstrate knowledge of working in a service orientated environment
* Will be passionate about the use of data and insight to make informed decisions, solve problems and input to operational and strategic plans. Can demonstrate the ability to gather, analyse and present information in business terms for management and leadership consumption
* Ability to work in a fast paced changing environment that shows flexibility, resiliency, self-awareness and ability to support other team members
* Will have experience of working directly with partners to successfully deliver outcomes and will demonstrate an awareness of partner contracts.
Domain specific knowledge & experience – Desirable criteria
For this role, candidates should also demonstrate:
* Experience of best practice frameworks such as COBIT/ eTOM
* Escalation management and crisis management experience in a multi-party technology environment