2 months ago
Don’t just have a great idea, build it.
American Express is looking for Security Analysts to work in its Cyber Fusion Center. The primary focus of the team is to provide rapid investigation and response to cyber security incidents which impact American Express globally.
Who you are:
A quick-learning person who wants to be part of a world class team. You have a tenacious, inquisitive, detective’s mindset. You’re keen to learn everything you can from experts in their fields and to share your own knowledge. You don’t need to have held an InfoSec role; you do need a solid technical understanding of how computers and networks work and to have a flair for security.
* Use your knowledge of computers to conduct in-depth cyber investigations in response to security events
* Use a multitude of tools to analyse a variety of network and host-based alerts, traffic and activity (i.e. antivirus, network intrusion detection systems)
* Determine correct response activities for each security event
* Document your investigations
* Maintain awareness of real-world cyber security threats and support cyber intelligence capabilities
* Identify trends in events and incidents and make recommendations to improve risk posture
* Perform root-cause analysis of security related events (i.e. attack vector)
* Help ensure documentation is up to date to reflect current processes and procedures.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
* Systems and network experience. This is a technical role, so you must have a deep understanding of how computers work and how computers communicate across networks.
* Information Security knowledge and passion
* Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Thrives in a challenging team environment
* Ability to learn quickly, retain information and apply knowledge when and where relevant
* Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise and understandable manner
* Be committed to continuous learning and professional development
* Ability to multi-task and prioritise work
* Attention to detail
* Desire to contribute to a high-profile team at the cutting edge of cyber security
* Experience in programming and/or scripting languages, e.g Python.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
* Health care scheme
* Defined contribution pension plan
* Dental scheme
* Virtual GP
* Life assurance
* Income protection
* Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
* A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
* Employee Discount Portal
* Back up childcare/adultcare
* Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below.However,If you require any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 10, 2018, 12:06:20 PM