3 months ago
BT Consumer - London
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
Would you like to have the opportunity to work with great tools, an amazing breadth of data and great like minded people? Our team provides insight and actionable recommendations in a compelling way to drive growth in the Consumer business.
You’ll have access to and be the expert of a wealth of data. The aim of our team and your role is to use this data to make recommendations that feed into decisions which affect marketing activity and proposition development. We always want to tell a clear and concise story that compels our stakeholders to make the right decision and take the best action. Consequently, your role will be impacting on customer experience as well as our overall financial performance.
What you'll be doing
The main focus of the role is to explore the wealth of data available to us to uncover interesting and new insights. You’ll be answering business questions that help shape the future direction of BT Consumer using a variety of analytical software tools and techniques.
* Using analytical software to develop and deliver deep insights from granular, large data sets
* Delivering ad-hoc analytics and recommendations to our key stakeholders
* Working across BT Consumers product portfolio & all channels to understand customer behaviour & drive revenue for BT
* Providing analytical consultancy, recommend best practice, and improvement to process and targeting
* Developing expert knowledge of the area for the projects you work on and act as a business consultant, translating data insights into actionable recommendations
We'll also need to see these on your CV
* Experience of using analytics to drive action with stakeholders
* Degree in maths/statistics/engineering/sciences and highly proficient in SQL
* Experience of web analytics (Adobe Analytics, Google analytics etc.)
* Experience of other online tools such as Sessioncam beneficial
* Application of quality assurance best practice. Able to ensure outputs are accurate, tightly aligned to brief and consistent with all team outputs
* Ability to analyse and synthesize available data to extract value-added insights
* Excellent presentation and communication skills, with ability to engage with senior managers
* Experienced in analysing large multi-million customer databases
* Exposure to R, Oracle data miner, Python and Hadoop (Mapreduce, Spark etc), desirable
Why choose us?
We’re the largest telecommunications company in the industry. We're worth over £10bn in revenue, with over 20k employees and 34m customers; this offers enormous opportunities for our people and to be No. 1 in the market.
Our Consumer Unit exists of three household brands - EE, BT & Plusnet, from which collectively we generate more revenue than any other part of BT. This gives us more potential and scale than ever before and it’s a phenomenal foundation to build from. All three brands are really important to our future strategy. BT, EE & Plusnet are unique and more valuable to us staying separate to make the most powerful imprint on the market. We’ve got something special and we want everyone to feel proud about working here and excited about where we’re going and what we’re going to do.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.