This new Product Manager role is a rare chance to build an insight and innovation function for an already well known and respected business.
SALARY: £60,000 -£70,000
BENEFITS: Bonus c.15% + Company Car + Contributory Pension Scheme + Life Assurance + Share Save scheme.
LOCATION: You could be based in any of our main sites:- Birmingham, Northampton, Leicester, Peterborough, Leeds, Newbury.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Birmingham, Northampton, Leicester, Peterborough, Leeds, Newbury, Slough, Huntingdon, Bedford, Milton Keynes, Coventry, Warwick, Market Harborough, Sheffield, York, Nottingham.
JOB SPECIFICATION: Product Manager / Insight and Innovation Manager - Building Products Manufacturer
We are one of the largest manufacturers of building products in the UK and our 18 manufacturing sites produce a top-quality range of iconic and trusted brands. We supply directly to house builders and commercial contractors, via Architects / Specifiers and through a network of distributors into a broad variety of construction projects across the UK.
This new role is a rare chance to build an insight and innovation function.
We have a strong industry pedigree and focus on product development. This new role will build on these strengths but more importantly you will establish a clear and thorough framework for innovation, resulting in new product and service development initiatives that will shape future strategy.
REQUIREMENTS: Product Manager / Insight and Innovation Manager - Building Products Manufacturer
· Management experience within product innovation, product / category management or R & D.
· We are open on background, but you will probably have worked for a manufacturer.
· Experience of implementing frameworks or processes that have resulted in effective analysis, development and investment in new products or markets.
· You will have the ability to drive multiple projects at one time from ideation and insight, through to business case, delivery and product launch.
· Cross functional cooperation is crucial as is collaboration with external companies, you should have the senior level communication skills necessary to ensure this.
WHY THIS ROLE?
We are one of the largest manufacturers in our sector with highly respected and well-known brands.
· This is a high profile and rare opportunity to develop a new function.
· You will find a management team and board that is welcoming, supportive and very enthusiastic about this new appointment.
· We have a real desire to be much better at innovation and insight, so you will be helping shape our culture and behaviours, setting the agenda.
· There will be opportunities for career development as this function grows.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Product Manager / Insight and Innovation Manager - Building Products Manufacturer
· Establish a clear framework for innovation.
· Identify and assess feasibility of new products, and service propositions
· Understand and evaluate market drivers, and the customer driven insight
· Co-ordinate cross functional teams including Technical, Finance, Marketing and Sales to ensure an integrated approach.
· Develop a best in class knowledge bank that draws intelligence home and abroad from, competitors, customers, technical and research bodies.
· Ensure R & D budget for product innovation is appropriately focussed.
· Drive and manage projects from initial idea through production of the business case, testing and product launch.
· Identify strategic routes to market for potential new products, this may include joint ventures, acquisitions or strategic alliances.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Insight Manager, Innovation Manager, R & D Manager, Product Manager, Head of Product Development, Category Manager. Building products, Construction market.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Gerry Bell quoting Product Manager / Insight and Innovation Manager - Building Products Manufacturer and reference GB15145 to Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.