11 months ago
PRWeek is well established as the ‘bible’ for professional communicators and reputation managers around the world.
This is a new position on PRWeek as part of a strategy for the brand to provide deeper insight and higher value content for its audience.
The role sits at the heart of a highly talented, experienced and collaborative content team, which in turn is integrated into the business division of the UK’s leading independent publisher.
* To deliver market-leading research reports from initial conception to end product: generating ideas, collecting and analysing data and writing reports.
* Managing external contributors and other research staff to support production of the above
* To proactively seek out research opportunities, whether sponsored or editorially-driven.
* Liaise with third party data partners where appropriate
* To be a brand ambassador, gathering market intelligence, raising awareness of the brands’ research function, speaking at events
* To sit at the heart of PRWeek’s editorial team and produce compelling content for the title in print and online
* To support the commercial objectives of the magazine by liaising closely with the sales team and with commercial partners.
Examples of data-led products
Benchmarking services – e.g. salary surveys, Best Places to Work rankings
Trading information – e.g. listings of contracts won and lost, deal information through a new business monitor
Financial insights – e.g. detailed analysis of the financial performances of the leading agencies through an enhanced Agency Report
Trend information – e.g. developments in specific sectors (e.g. healthcare, technology etc) and disciplines (internal comms, influencer marketing ect) of the industry
Future Look – e.g. shape of the agencies of the future and implications of new developments/platforms
The bulk of these would need to be produced in conjunction with third parties but would be project-managed by PRWeek’s team.
Responsibilities in detail
* Generate original, market-defining ideas for surveys, analysis, events and other commercial research propositions
* Gather and analyse market intelligence to fuel insight and define research parameters
* Project-manage all aspects of research reports, including close liaison with clients and other stakeholders
* Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Deliver top-quality written content and research analysis, as a writer and in editing the work of others.
* Communicate the findings from our research across a variety of different media, including digital, print and live events.
* Take responsibility for promoting our research findings, using social media and email alerts amongst others, as part of a coherent campaign.
* To be a confident speaker at live events, creating engaging presentations on research results that are appropriate for our audiences.
* To maintain and build our database of research respondents and manage relationships with our core audience groups from an insight perspective.
* Be confident in commissioning and managing freelance writers, illustrators and other external resources to work on reports.
* Apply rigorous attention to detail both in written copy and in analysing data.
* Manage budgets associated with producing research and insight work.
* Contribute editorially to PRWeek
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and able to work independently, while maintaining regular communications with the rest of the team. They will have a forensic eye for detail and be highly literate and numerate. They will have a technical mind and enjoy delving deep into complex subjects, producing market-definining, headline-grabbing reports.
Previous knowledge of the media/marketing/PR sector preferred
This candidate will be able to juggle various projects and commitments, and enjoy working in a small, busy team.
Apply for this job