5 months ago
up to £40,000 depending on skills and experience
Category: Trade Marketing Jobs
As our Technical Accountant, you will join our newly formed Finance department at AXA Partners, Redhill. Your main task will be to support the issuance of the accounting reporting of AXA Partners UK/IRL Travel/ Home/ Motor activities.
You will also need to support the Technical Accounting Manager in providing a clear view of the Technical margin of all the AXA Partners contracts and propose ideas to optimize the profitability of those contracts.
To be successful in the role, you will be an integral member of a collaborative team, constantly promoting and implementing process efficiencies.
You will be responsible for -
* Liaise with the underwriting and commercial teams to actively control and manage all key elements of Revenue accounting including:
* Monthly claims rebilling and premium invoicing
* Calculation of commission, fronting fees and profit share
* Reinsurance accounting including preparation of cession statements
* B2C accounting and reconciliation with the Platform Network / Bank Statements and Payment Support providers
* Validating all accounting flows as part of new contracts implementation process and ensure they are properly set up
* Preparing monthly cash flow forecasting for technical related items
* Ensure the technical balance sheet reconciliations are accurately and regularly prepared.
* Produce monthly technical accounts
* Produce Group analytical reporting (Pandore) and quarterly consolidation reporting (Magnitude)
* Establish good relationship with the Partners/customers and actively manage the Debt collection/ accounts receivable / Inter-Company Debtors, to ensure the various entities cash positions are optimised.
* Suggest and test the accounting system improvements.
To be successful in this role you will have or be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience -
* Experience in insurance / reinsurance accounting
* Ability to work quickly and efficiently
* Part Qualified Accountant or Qualified by experience
* Excellent interpersonal and team working skills with a helpful, flexible, pro-active and solution oriented approach / Someone with a positive approach and the ability to engage and inspire others
* Evidence of being able to work successfully in a fast moving and international environment
* Someone eager to progress and develop within a supportive environment
* Experienced with PeopleSoft system
* French speaker
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. We’ve been recognised as one of the Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies to work for. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
This role currently exists and are staffed mainly in Dublin and form part of the wider relocation of the Travel Finance Team from Ireland to the UK. As part of the transition of the Finance team, the job holder will have to commit to spend sufficient time in Dublin until end of Q1 2019 or whenever the Dublin team will be released.
You are required to adhere at all times to all and any regulatory requirements that to AXA Partner.
In the course of your duties, you are required to always consider the needs of the customer and how best you can serve them, for example always having regard to our requirements to treat our customers fairly.
You must adhere to all internal policies and procedures regarding the management of your team.
You must at all times act in the best interests and consider the broader impact of your decisions on the company as a whole.
What We Offer