6 months ago
* BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, etc), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS) or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
* Work experience in design or related field
* MA/MS degree in Design, HCI, CS, or a related field.
* Demonstrated experience in crafting usable digital interfaces.
* Demonstrated visual design sensibilities as they relate to applying a brand to digital experiences.
* Excellent leadership, communication and collaboration skills.
About the job
Design and user experience (UX) are at the forefront of everything we do. The job of an Interaction Designer is to envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined and even magical. In an Interaction Designer role, you’ll take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for billions of people around the world—from the first-time user to the sophisticated expert. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
Please include URLs for an online portfolio in addition to resume. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.
User experience (UX) is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to yield insights that inform product strategy and guide the design of the experiences we create. Our multidisciplinary UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and performance. We collaborate closely with product managers, software engineers, and many others to solve complex challenges and craft powerful experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
* Help to define the user model and user interface for Google products and features.
* Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
* Gauge the usability of new and existing products and making constructive suggestions for change.