7 months ago
Leeds Building Society is looking for an Intermediary Operations Support Administrator to join our Intermediary department. You will be based at our Head Office in the heart of Leeds city centre.
The Intermediary Operations Support Administrator will provide operational and administration support to the Intermediary Distribution function. Key tasks will include completion of the intermediary broker registration and on boarding process, ensuring first line of defence checks are completed including due diligence checks on brokers and managing broker contact details and system administration to ensure effective sales process adherence.
Do you have the essential skills and experience for this role?
* Strong organisational and communication skills
* Ability to work under pressure, meeting deadlines and ensuring service standards are maintained.
* Uses initiative and prioritises effectively.
* Effective computer and analysis skills and abilities in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Educated to a minimum of 5 GCSE's (Including English and Mathematics) or equivalent would be acceptable.
* Previous experience of the Intermediary market with an understanding of regulatory and compliance requirements.
Have you seen our benefits and rewards package?
* Annual salary & performance related bonus
* 26 days annual holiday & annual holiday purchase scheme
* Health Shield cash plan
* Pension scheme & Life Assurance
* Exclusive colleague mortgage deals
* Annual volunteering day & long service awards
* Childcare voucher scheme
* Recommend a friend scheme
* Bus & train travel ticket loans & a Cycle Flex Scheme
Are you looking for a rewarding career? We see all colleagues as key to our success. Life at Leeds Building Society is both stretching and rewarding and we provide a wide range of training and development opportunities to help you build a successful career with us.
What do you know about Leeds Building Society?
We are the 5th biggest building society in the UK with 140 years of experience and we have every intention of getting better and better. We are totally committed to do what we were set up to do – to help people save money and to buy their own home.
We've won a whole host of awards over the years including Best Companies accreditation, which reflects our continued commitment to colleagues and the customer service they provide to our members. We work hard to develop a product range to try to meet our members' needs, and partner with numerous local communities and chosen charities.
We're not a bank – we're a mutual, which means we're owned by our members and are run exclusively in their best interests.
Leeds Building Society is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us.