4 months ago
Internal Communications Executive
Do you want to make a difference and be part of an award-winning team that delivers first-class communications?
The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) has an exciting opportunity for an experienced, talented and driven Internal Communications Executive to join in an integral role, working alongside our Internal Communications Manager to deliver our strategy and ensure the smooth running of our important Internal Communications function.
Position: Internal Communications Executive
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire (commutable from Alconbury, Bedford, Bury St Edmunds, Cambridgeshire, Cambridge North, Cherry Hinton, Chesterton, Ely, Fen Drayton, Fenstanton, Histon & Impington, Hitchin, Huntingdon, Longstanton, Milton, Newmarket, Northstowe, Oakington, Orchard-Park, Royston, Saffron Walden, Somersham, St Ives, St Neots, Stevenage, Swavesey, Waterbeach, Wyton and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hour per week
Salary: £29,779 to £33,088 per annum, plus benefits
Closing Date: 09 July 2019
About the role:
As Internal Communications Executive, you will support the Royal Society of Chemistry’s Internal Communications Manager in delivering our Internal Communications strategy and vision. This will include handling the planning and delivery of Internal Communications’ campaigns for major projects; crafting and delivering effective messaging for the right audience at the right time using a variety of channels and providing hands-on support to stakeholders.
You will devise creative and novel campaigns to increase employees’ engagement especially around our strategy, mission and values and act as editor for all internal communications’ channels such as the intranet and the monthly newsletter. You will also plan and manage a range of events at the RSC in line with organisational priorities, ensuring that all internal communications activities are fully evaluated, support our overall communications strategy and reflect our key messages.
- Degree in a communications’ related field and / or equivalent experience demonstrating a knowledge of internal communications as a discipline and of best practice, including devising and delivering strategic Internal Communications campaigns.
- Evidence of developing and delivering an internal communications strategy to high standards and for a range of audiences, levels and geographies, utilising varied channels and measuring the impact of initiatives on engagement.
- Knowledge and experience of strategic and tactical communications planning and outstanding project management skills.
- Highly organised and deadline driven with a proven track record of working strategically and delivering to tight deadlines, managing conflicting requests and priorities.
- Exemplary verbal, written communications and creative skills through a range of media.
- Proactive, with excellent problem solving skills, critical judgement, resilience and composure under pressure, with a positive can-do attitude.
- A desire to promote and enable the positive impact of chemistry and science generally on social, political, and economic issues.
In return for your expertise and passion, we will ensure that you have all the training, support and tools needed to be successful in this role.
Royal Society of Chemistry offers excellent benefits and a great work environment. This is a permanent full-time (35-hour week) opportunity, based at our Science Park Cambridge office, with free onsite parking and close to the guided bus and Cambridge North train station. This role also requires travel to London on an ad hoc basis.
If you are interested in joining an organisation full of committed, friendly people working to support and inspire a global chemistry community, apply by our closing date.
You may have experience of the following: Internal Communications Executive, Internal Communications Assistant, Internal Communications Officer, Communications Executive, Communications Assistant, Communications Officer, Internal Marketing Executive, Internal Marketing Assistant, Internal Marketing Officer, Marketing Executive, Marketing Assistant, Marketing Officer, etc.
17 days ago
only 11 days until close