21 days ago
We’re looking for a confident, enthusiastic internal communications (IC) practitioner to join at an exciting time for the firm. A key member of the marketing and communications team, this role manages the firm’s IC strategy and channels. With a positive ideas-driven mentality, you’ll be responsible for developing and enhancing the firm’s approach to informing and engaging staff.
You’ll work closely with the firm’s leadership, the head of marketing and communications and the international business development community to plan and deliver a programme of engaging print, digital and visual communications. Aiming to help our people understand, engage with and support the firm’s vision and strategy and know what part they need to play.
This is a broad role, so you’ll need to have the confidence and influencing skills to challenge stakeholders and bring new ideas. You’ll be happy to get involved with the detail, working with and managing the IC exec, and you’ll also be a confident project manager that likes to see results.
About the company and department
Simmons is at the start of a new vision and business plan journey to deliver smarter solutions to its people and its clients. This is an exciting time for the marketing and communications team where we can bring fresh thinking and new ways of working. We’re proud of the firm but we know it’s understated and lacks brand resonance. This is a chance to help take our IC to the next level.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Work closely with the head of marketing and communications and the leadership team to keep informed of firm-wide positioning messages, statements or approaches that need to be disseminated.
• Manage the internal communications exec to help them learn, progress and deliver to the best of their abilities.
• Work with the IC exec to audit internal channels across all offices to assess and propose future requirements. Work with relevant teams across the business, including HR and IT, to put these into action.
• Implement and develop the IC strategy in consultation and conjunction with the head of marcomms and stakeholders across the business.
• Project manage and lead delivery of key firm-wide communications projects including vision and business plan, brand refresh, people engagement programmes and strategic priorities set in the business plan.
• Review and assess the use of our email marketing platform for internal communications. Looking to maximise the value and insights.
• Support, advise and engage contributors with good communications practice, including proof reading and editing written content, and supporting on video production for internal audiences.
• Work closely with other business services teams, particularly HR and IT, to support effective firm-wide operational messaging and to help them develop effective communications strategies.
• Work closely with other marketing communications team managers to support delivery of the communications strategy.
• Act as a consultant to advise on channel selection, audiences, messaging and house styles.
• Drive regular measurement and reporting against the performance of all internal communications channels to identify opportunities and areas for improvement across all outputs.
• Support the IC exec to write, edit and/or curate content for digital channels.
• Support the IC exec in scheduling and managing content for firm-wide print and digital broadcast channels where available.
• Act as a brand ambassador for the firm to ensure brand consistency is delivered across all channels.
• Seven years’ plus of relevant communication experience
• Track record of delivering and managing multi-channel campaigns from concept to execution.
• Proven project management skills.
• Up to date with the latest trends and best practices in internal communications and engagement practice and measurement.
• Expert working knowledge of internal content management systems - Sharepoint an advantage.
• Management of an internal marketing/automation system integrated with HR systems a benefit.
• People management experience
• An understanding of communications and business development within a professional services environment would be of benefit.
• Able to work with limited supervision.
• Some travel may be required.
Here at Simmons & Simmons:
We believe our people define us. Our working environment is genuinely collegiate with a supportive atmosphere and team ethos : we have a reputation for being a friendly culture which we are very proud of. Flexible working, an inclusive and diverse culture, our innovative approach and being truly international are just a few more things that make us, us.
Below are a few more reasons to consider Simmons & Simmons for your next career move:
• Competitive benefits package
• International offices including: Hong Kong; Lisbon; Dubai; Tokyo; Dublin; Milan; London; Madrid; Singapore to name a few
• Free fruit for staff members
• Generous employee referral bonus program
• All year round dress down
• We have recently launched ‘Pathways to Progression’ : all about encouraging & enhancing future female talent in the firm
• All offices have their own artwork collections : we have a Damien Hurst and a Tracey Emin in the London office
• We were ranked as a Stonewall Top Global Employer and a Stonewall Star Performer in 2017
We are not currently engaging with agencies for this role so please apply directly via the website for this position.
27 days ago
only 1 day until close
19 days ago
only 9 days until close
19 days ago
only 9 days until close
14 days ago
only 14 days until close