3 months ago
Bath, Bournemouth or London – with frequent travel
Fixed Term 9-12 month Maternity Cover
The International Licensing department is responsible for developing and maintaining long-term valuable content and brand partnerships worldwide in order to increase the global footprint of Future’s magazine and media brands and taking advantage of global business development opportunities.
To generate revenues from Future’s brands and content assets across multiple territories. Working as part of the International Licensing Team, this role is responsible for managing and developing existing client business and building commercial relationships to grow revenues across multiple market sectors worldwide.
The Licensing Account Manager is responsible for identifying and delivering all licensing opportunities for Future’s IP with specific clients in designated territories view to increase yields.
Key role responsibilities
* Manage and develop existing client relationships with the aim of protecting existing revenues and developing new business opportunities
* Oversee and manage all aspects of business discussions and contract negotiations with clients
* Work with the Client Services team to ensure fulfilment of all licensing deals.
* Creation, implementation and ongoing development of a comprehensive commercial licensing strategy for all Future’s IP assets with each designated client
* Proactively develop new commercial licensing business across all market sectors with each partner. This includes both editorial and commercial markets
* Actively develop content packages to unlock new revenues across print and digital syndication opportunities
* International travel to meet with existing and potential partners
* Represent all aspects of Future Publishing’s business on an international level
* Meetings and presentations to Board/CEO level – excellent communication skills vital
* Meetings with editorial teams to keep informed of any potential changes to content in order to identify potential challenges and opportunities
* Keep all heads of content and marketing informed about any developments, and represent licensees’ interests to the company.
* Supply consistent, up-to-date information on portfolio changes, magazine redesigns, re-launches and new magazine launches to clients/potential clients
* Business plans / budgets – analysis and review of potential product development including syndication packages and print launches. Provide prompt and accurate reporting and budgeting.
* Contract / Fee negotiation – including liaising with Legal team and/or Editorial/Publishers on contract terms
* Keep all relevant departments & heads of departments aware of contract changes, payment terms, content requirements and impact on their business. etc.
* Assist with writing and delivery of departmental marketing material
* Maintaining accurate contact and invoicing information in Future’s customer data system, supporting Credit Control in chasing client debt where necessary
* Maintain awareness of UK and international media markets.
Essential skills and experience
* Able to demonstrate strong and proven experience of international brand or content licensing development across multiple market sectors, preferably within a large media business
* Excellent relationship management, sales and negotiation skills and a proven track record in a commercial, budget driven environment
* Excellent communication and presentation skills, able to present with confidence at a senior level within and outside the business
* Able to display a full understanding of the commercial value of IP and content lifecycles/value/opportunities
* Highly numerate, with a good grasp of budgeting and tracking financial performance throughout the year
* Ability to organise information and data in a clear and coherent manner, with a strong understanding of Excel and Google documents.
* Proven track record of working internationally and an awareness of cultural differences