6 months ago
The Body Shop is recruiting an International SEO Assistant to be based in Croydon, London. This role will implement our global SEO strategy across Content, Technical and Off-Site. The focus of this role will be to ensure SEO is ingrained in all business functions including content creation and technical implementations.
Why work for The Body Shop?
When Anita Roddick founded The Body Shop in 1976, she had a vision. Business as a force for good – that’s us. 40 years later, we’re proud to be pioneering cruelty-free beauty every step of the way. We’re the original ethical beauty brand. We’ve got a thing for empowering people and enriching our planet. We’re all about keeping it real, in every way possible.
Our activist roots remain a huge part of everything we do, from our iconic window posters to our vegetarian products to our infamous campaigns. We’re never afraid to stand up and speak the truth. We like to do things a little differently around here.
In fact, this is an incredibly exciting time for The Body Shop. We’re fighting for what we believe in now more than ever. No holding back. Breaking the mould has always come naturally to us, and we need someone who’s not afraid to mix things up.
A day in the life:
* SEO enthusiast with demonstratable experience across content, technical and off-site SEO activities
* Knowledge of the latest developments within SEO
* Experience of understanding customers, tone of voice and ability to drive performance whilst protecting brand values
* Experience of conducting technical audits and prioritising issues which will have the biggest impact on site performance using tools such as Screaming Frog and Deep Crawl
* Experience in informing the creation of high quality content which has been formed based on consumer insights and to drive incremental SEO traffic which is optimised for featured snippets
* Editing and optimising content briefs supllied by Digital Content Team
* Creating, editing and optimizing all of the content related meta data and H1 tags
* On-going site hygiene – ensuring all copy, images and content are accurate and of high quality at all times
* Undertake competitor, keyword and data analysis and research using key SEO industry tools
What you'll need:
* Minimum of 1 year experience in SEO
* Experience using keyword research tools such as Google’s Keyword Planner
* Experience using crawling tools desired
* Passionate about SEO and Digital Marketing
* Proactive and highly organized, with strong time management and planning skills
* Able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure
* Self-motivated with a positive outlook
* Innovative and creative
* Articulate and communicative with presentation skills
Our global HQ is located in the heart of East Croydon – 1 minute walk from the train station and is just a 10 minute train ride from Clapham Junction and 16 minutes from London Victoria. Our brand new office opened just over a year ago and provides a light, modern and open-plan work space that includes an onsite global café and even a live living wall in the reception area.
Want to join The Body Shop team? Then please apply today – as well as a competitive salary here are just a few of the rewards and benefits you can look forward to when you join us: a 5% non-contributory pension plan, 23 days holiday, 3 days a year to volunteer in the local community, 50% staff discount and access to product sample sales, as well as LOVE money to spend on your wellbeing and personal development.
Here at The Body Shop House we’ve got your best interests at heart – it’s our way of saying thank you!