6 months ago
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
About the Team:
The IP Network Build Team is part of the Transport Domain which is responsible for connecting our mobile and fixed network equipment together and how we connect our people to the IT systems that they need to do their jobs. The IP Network Build team consists of a team of highly skilled individuals who are responsible for all network and security build activity.
The purpose of this role is to support network & security build activities in partnership with the Design Teams within Telefónica UK, to deliver high and detailed level implementations and to build new infrastructures to assist Telefónica UK with the delivery of new functionality and service improvments.
You’ll have build responsibilities for the IP Network & Security infrastructure, implementing network upgrades, connections through firewalls and managing IP network and security build projects.
* Work with the Design Teams and our Front Office Team to implement network and security projects as directed.
* Comply with strict Change Control procedures.
* Write and deliver implementation plans.
* Ensuring implementation plans are peer reviewed.
* Implement authorised network connections on Firewalls as per the O2 Authority for Network Connection process.
* Work with internal and external customers, providing advice and support when required.
* Supporting and initiating process improvement activities.
* Ensuring IP networks are correctly capacity, alarm and inventory managed on Infoblox, EOTS, TACACS and OPNET
* Implementation of security infrastructure in line with the security architecture / framework
Skills & experience:
* Qualified to CCNP
* Excellent, hands on experience in working with MPLS Networks
* Experience working in an IP implementation environment
* Experience working with firewalls
* Good experience with Change Control processes
* A strong understanding of IP and associated Protocols
* Hands on experience with Cisco networking technologies
* Hands on experience with Checkpoint
* Basic project management skills
* Experience with Fortinet
* Experience with Security Gateways
* Experience with Guardicore
Closing Date: 17/10/18
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits that could include a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica’s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you’ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There’s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.