16 days ago
Are you looking for your next challenge?
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an IT Engineer to join the team. In this role you will design, develop and maintain automation frameworks for our test infrastructure and provide automation expertise to our IT Engineering teams.
You will work to ensure the quality of AXA Insurance’s software platforms through the preparation and execution of test automation, using industry best practices and standards at every stage of the IT engineering lifecycle.
We’ve been recognised as one of the Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies to work for. You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally.
What you will be doing:
* Create and manage the Automation planning activities, ensuring that all are to time, quality and as per agreed standards. This includes reviewing business requirements and input into production of test documents
* Define, produce and conduct automated and manual tests where necessary to ensure the software created is fit for purpose
* Work collaboratively to establish, agree and implement integration and automation test coverage across projects
* Ensure the Regression test coverage is adequate for the change being tested and the wider platform
* Take responsibility for end to end management of defects including researching and analysing problems to improve quality
* Identify quality assurance process bottlenecks and promote actions for improvement to increase quality
* Take responsibility for the identification and escalation of risks within the appropriate guide lines
* Track and utilise output from quality assurance metrics to understand risks an issue and take remedial action
* Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies to keep abreast of industry standards
You will have the following experience:
* Strong understanding of QA automation
* Working knowledge of testing fundamentals such as TDD
* ISTQB Foundation level certificate
* Knowledge of Unit testing, UI Testing, and Integration testing of APIs
* Experience of performance and scalability testing
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Good planning and organisation skills
* Good knowledge of a wide range of common office software
If you have the following then even better!
* Good knowledge of Selenium, and SoapUI and can effective techniques for their use in an Agile environment.
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. We’ve been recognised as one of the Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies to work for. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, the number one global insurance brand and a worldwide leader in financial services, AXA Insurance businesses employ over 5,500 in a network of offices across the UK. Our expert teams care for a huge range of customers, helping them protect their cars, homes and businesses against life’s uncertainties. Whether bought directly, through brokers or through a number of corporate partners, our market-leading products are trusted by millions.
What We Offer
As you’d expect from a global leader, our reward package is a world-beater – here’s a small selection of our current benefits.
* Bonus Scheme linked to yours and the company’s performance
* Pension scheme with employer contributions as well as your own
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Interest free season ticket loan scheme
* Discount on all AXA Insurance products, including insurance, breakdown cover & healthcare
Important notice: We’ve recently become aware of a recruitment scam in which candidates are asked to be interviewed on Google Hangouts. It is not our policy to conduct interviews via Google Hangouts (we much prefer face-to-face), so if you have been asked to do this, please let the recruitment team know and we’ll do our best to advise you. Likewise, if you’re unsure if the person you’re speaking to is genuinely an AXA recruiter or the job you’re ing for is legitimately from AXA, please get in touch and we can check for you. We cannot be held responsible for any interviews conducted without our knowledge and authorisation. If you’re unsure and would like some advice, feel free to get in touch with our recruitment team.