3 months ago
IT Project Managers to work within our Data and Analytics Solutions – IT Portfolio Delivery Team
Salary: £50,840 – £73,436 (dependent on skills and experience), plus competitive benefits package
Please send in your application by 14th February 2019.
Our Data & Analytics technology change teams have the exciting challenge of delivering the IT solutions supporting Nationwide’s transformation agenda. Nationwide have around 120 projects and programmes in flight at any one time including portfolios in the areas of Payments, Regulatory Reporting and Compliance, Technology Services, Telephony, Operational Process Improvement, Mortgages, Banking, Savings, and Digital Development, all supporting new products through delivery of new technologies as well as updating and exploiting our existing technology estate. Through an annual investment, we strive to ensure that the IT platforms continue to meet our business needs and customer demands in today’s 24x7 world. This is a fast paced, dynamic environment where delivering the IT change portfolio makes a real difference to the business and our customers.
Who we're looking for
• Software change experience; including end-to-end management of the software delivery lifecycle, preferably in Agile or Waterfall methodology
• Project Management experience including end to end management of the project lifecycle (prefer PM qualification such as PRINCE2 Practitioner, Agile PM)
• People management experience ideally within a matrix environment
• Your grasp of a variety of software development lifecycles and techniques will enable you to engage confidently with design, software development and test professionals to achieve excellent results from Nationwide’s strategic partner teams in the UK and India
• You will build, motivate and lead a project team to deliver £multi-million technology projects, adhering to the governance gateways in our project framework. Crucial to success will be the ability for you to establish and maintain strong relationships with multiple key stakeholders to Senior Manager/Exec level throughout the project lifecycle
• You will have experience of working with internal and external parties to successfully deliver enterprise system change having built a high performing team with the right blend of skills for the work
• As a trusted advisor to your Development Centre Manager and key stakeholders, you will communicate true status in an appropriate form, execute well thought out actions to address issues and risks, and balance cost/risk of scope changes against benefit
• You’ll contribute ideas and optimise scope to achieve your delivery objectives in order to provide value to our members. You will challenge existing thinking through an ability to see the bigger picture and act positively to improve our ways of working
• You’ll have the ability to make informed decisions by providing visibility of project progress against budget and schedule, in a format suitable for sponsor and steering group audiences
• You’ll be commercially astute with previous budget accountability experience. You will manage the project budget and hold suppliers to account for value for money working in conjunction with Financial Management. You will also understand how to forecast and track project cost
What you'll be doing
We are looking for IT Project Managers with expertise in the delivery of enterprise application software change with a full understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle. D&A Solutions is looking for talent to help deliver change to the D&A Community Platforms, co-ordinating this for the D&A community. Experience in the Information Management or Data Warehouse change Projects / Programme area would be beneficial.
Our D&A Solutions Team combine the best of Nationwide and strategic partner capabilities to deliver change across our IM applications estate in support of the Society’s strategic initiatives.
Your project management experience will include the successful delivery of technical projects through the entire project lifecycle including using multi-disciplined teams and a range of delivery models including onshore and offshore delivery partners. While it doesn’t have to come from an Information Management background that would help. Experience of change in SQL, Hadoop, Informatica and Teradata would also be an advantage, but not essential.
Excellent networking abilities and communication skills enable you to successfully manage a range of stakeholders, especially the presentation of technical updates. You instinctively know how to get the most out of both your team and your suppliers and your understanding of project risk means that you successfully anticipate and mitigate potential problems.