3 months ago
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As a Project Manager in The Body Shop, you will lead small to medium IT development or maintenance projects, with full responsibility for delivering against project, scope, budget, quality and timeline.
WHY WORK FOR THE BODY SHOP?
When Anita Roddick founded The Body Shop in 1976, she had a vision. Business as a force for good – that’s us. Over 40 years later, we’re proud to be pioneering cruelty-free beauty every step of the way. We’re the original ethical beauty brand. We’ve got a thing for empowering people and enriching our planet. We’re all about keeping it real, in every way possible.
Our activist roots remain a huge part of everything we do, from our iconic window posters to our vegetarian products to our infamous campaigns. We’re never afraid to stand up and speak the truth. We like to do things a little differently around here.
In fact, this is an incredibly exciting time for The Body Shop. We’re fighting for what we believe in now more than ever. No holding back. Breaking the mould has always come naturally to us, and we need someone who’s not afraid to mix things up.
WHO ARE NATURA &CO?
The Body Shop, along with Aesop and Natura, is part of Natura &Co, a global, multi-channel and multi-brand cosmetics group that is committed to generating positive economic, social and environmental impact. Group owner Natura is Brazil's number one cosmetics manufacturer. Sustainable development has been the company's guiding principle since it was founded in 1969.
THE ROLE IN A NUTSHELL
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
* Takes full responsibility for the definition, documentation and successful delivery of IT projects (typically with high-risk dependencies).
* Identifies business value and quality metrics by which benefits/performance can be measured
* Monitors and controls resources, revenue and capital costs against the project budget and manages expectations of all project stakeholders
* Manages project delivery teams, facilitating effective working relations and monitoring progress to agreed quality measures
* Selects methods and tools, using iterative techniques where appropriate, ensuring that effective project control, change control, risk management and testing processes are maintained.
* Implements effective stakeholder engagement and communication plans
* Sources and collects contract performance data and monitors performance against KPIs, taking appropriate steps to address non-compliance.
* Monitors progress against business objectives specified in the business case.
* Identifies where change is required, and plans for variations in consultation with stakeholders, ensuring that change management protocols are implemented.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE
* Delivery of IT Projects in line with agreed roadmap and target architecture to scope, quality, on time and to budget.
* Adhering to the established Project management Toolkit/Methodology for Reporting, Planning, Risk and Issue Management, Budgeting and Governance.
* Management of Internal and External and Stakeholders, and ensuring communication is clear for the duration of the project.
Skills, know-how and experience:
• Experienced project leadership capabilities that drives team engagement and produces high quality development deliverables.
• Excellent communication skills with a strong commercial mind set and business acumen.
• Proactive and tenacious ‘can do’ attitude to unblock issues and ensure progress
• Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organisation.
• CRM and Loyalty Programme Skills.
• Digital Marketing and Email campaign experience.
• Customer insights and analytics.
• SAP Customer Marketing and C/4 Hana.
• Management of suppliers to deliver agreed work.
• Understanding of database analysis and migration between platforms.
• Bachelor’s Degree is essential / MBA would be an advantage
• Project Management Professional Certification or equivalent
• Ability to communicate vision and ability to anticipate future business needs.
• Experience of Retail Industry
• International experience
Our global HQ is currently located in the heart of East Croydon – 1 minute walk from the train station and just 10 minutes by train from Clapham Junction and 16 minutes from London Victoria. Our East Croydon office provides a light, modern and open-plan work space that includes an onsite global café.
As of 27th August 2019 we will be moving to our new home, based near London Bridge. 155 Tooley Street is a contemporary and vibrant workplace that will inspire our creativity and represent who we are, our brand and our purpose. A 5 minute walk from the mainline and tube stations, surrounded by all the attractions and amenities that London Bridge has to offer, our new office is a short stroll away from the River Thames and Tower Bridge through Potters Fields Park.
Want to join the Body Shop team? Then please apply today – as well as a competitive salary, here are just a few of the rewards and benefits you can look forward to when you join us: a 5% non-contributory pension plan, 23 days holiday, 3 days a year to volunteer in the local community, 50% staff discount and access to product sample sales, access to Perks At Work our online shopping channel with exclusive deals & discounts, as well as LOVE money to spend on your wellbeing and personal development. We have also implemented ‘Work Wise’ into our HQ - flexibility of ‘in-office’ hours, the ability to work remotely and a new meeting charter. Here at The Body Shop we’ve got your best interests at heart – it’s our way of saying thank you!