6 months ago
IT Support Desktop Engineer (Industrial Placement)
Duration of Role: 12 months
Salary: £22,000 + benefits
Please note that you must submit a cover letter stating why you are interested in applying for this position at Accenture.
Part of the UKI London Local Support team, the IT Support Desktop Engineer (Industrial Placement student) will gain experience within the IT department, performing a range of Information Technology related projects, support tasks and enablement of IT services.
Accenture will sponsor you to undertake the ICT Tech accreditation, a professional qualification provided by the Institution of Engineering & Technology. This is an industry recognised qualification that demonstrates that you gained experience and skills during your Industrial placement.
The Industrial Placement Role
The IT Support Desktop Engineer (Industrial Placement) will provide deskside support services to the London Accenture Unit for 12 months.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, receiving and resolving IT incidents with Accenture hardware and software, unified communications & collaboration support, managing/assisting with inventory using asset tracking software, and ensuring proper documentation, tracking, escalation, follow-up, and resolution of all incidents.
* Responding to incidents logged via our CIO IT Service Desk and self-help TechnologySupport channel
* Appropriate diagnosis, tracking, documentation and resolution of incidents within a set SLA
* Ownership and responsibility of assigned incidents
* Proactive communication with customers throughout the lifecycle of the incident
* Assisting with documentation and escalation
* Proactive identification of support process improvements
* Software and image repair, recovery and rebuild, data backup and restoration
* Troubleshooting printing and file server access problems
* To provide second and third line technical support for a number of software applications including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and specialist Accenture software.
* Investigate root cause of incidents; document, communicate any identified fixes or workarounds to UKI LTS teams.
* Other support requirements as applicable
* A keen interest in information technology
* Familiarity with PC hardware and software, printers and data networks would be an advantage
* A ‘can-do’ attitude and aptitude for creativity
* Good attention to detail, problem analysis and solving abilities
* The ability to work on own initiative either independently or as part of a team
* Familiarity with IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL v. 3) would be an advantage
* Good mathematical ability
* Excellent English language and communication skills (spoken and written)
* Customer focused work experience would be an ideal but not essential