2 months ago
Don’t just have a great idea, build it.
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. We’re committed to power the world’s best loyalty & benefit experiences for our customers with a team of passionately productive software product, engineering and delivery talent using agile practices to build highly available, nimble, extensible & modern solutions across the enterprise.
This requires close collaboration with colleagues who focus on new card products, digital channels, marketing operations, membership rewards, co-brand programs, card benefits, insurance, analytics, operations excellence and servicing. We focus on powering both new product offerings as well as existing ones to build highly configurable core capabilities to integrate various Loyalty & Benefits products for our customers to deepen their engagement via Rewards, Benefits and Entertainment.
The role: Engineer – Java
In this role you will be involved with new and innovative loyalty components and solutions that will facilitate transferring data between Amex and its loyalty partners. You will be developing, delivering, maintaining and evolving our business product capabilities and within this role therefore a degree of creativity and innovation is required.
As a member of one of our core Loyalty Integration teams, you will become part of our strategic direction for the transformation of our Membership capabilities.
There is huge potential for innovation and growth in this role, specifically being able to reuse existing components in new ways, utilize open source technologies where they meet specific business needs and building an ecosystem that enables positive business outcomes from that reuse, expansion and combining of existing capability.
Utilizing your experience and expertise in developing Java and REST API solutions you will be involved with design, development and documenting of multiple internal systems in order to deliver business capabilities better, faster and leaner.
* Collaborate with your team and cross-teams to design, develop, test and integrate quality object-oriented software in Java and APIs using REST.
* Performing all Technical aspects of Software Development including developing prototypes and writing new code and API's.
* Be an active member of an Agile team through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation) including CA Agile, Jira and Confluence.
* Writing and conducting integration tests including event logging and reporting of results.
* Performing unit testing of Software components including the design, implementation, evaluation, and execution of unit test scripts.
* Conducting code reviews and tests of automated build scripts.
* Debugging Software components, identifying, fixing and verifying remediation of code defects (own work and the work of others).
* Working with Product Owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and manage a list of Technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues.
* You will be expected to be a clear communicator, recognize the importance of working within a team and manage your time and tasks effectively.
* Able to act on your own initiative and be open to feedback, new ideas and continuous self-improvement
* Exposure to DevOps approaches and associated tools e.g. BitBucket, Stash, Maven and Jenkins
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field; Advanced Degree preferred or equivalent experience.
* Significant Software Development experience in Java and related technologies; preferably server-side (backend) technology.
* Worked on REST API design and implementation with an emphasis on Java.
* Thorough understanding of multithreading, JSON, Web Services Technologies.
* Ideally familiar with SPRING and associated software framework.
* Expertise in objected-oriented analysis and design across a variety of platforms.
* Demonstrated experience in Devops, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
* Demonstrated experience in software development using Agile frameworks, application design and testing; SCRUM framework preferred.
* Experience developing server-side applications, including relational databases or NoSQL.
* Ability to effectively communicate to internal and external Business Partners on solution design.
* Exposure to testing and automation capabilities such as mocking, frameworks, JUNIT, TESTNG, Jenkins, Git, Stash, JIRA.
* Knowledge/experience of Java 8 is a plus
* Knowledge of Kafka or other Java messaging tools and Apigee is a plus.
* Knowledge of Go Lang and node.js is plus
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
* Health care scheme
* Defined contribution pension plan
* Dental scheme
* Virtual GP
* Life assurance
* Income protection
* Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
* A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
* Employee Discount Portal
* Back up childcare/adultcare
* Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below.However,If you require any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 3, 2018, 12:01:09 PM